Translation of qualified in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (trained)(doctor/teacher/engineer)a shortage of qualified personnel
tituladouna escasez de personal calificadouna escasez de personal cualificado (Spain)a highly qualified candidateun candidato muy preparado or con un excelente currículumqualified to +
infinitiveI am not qualified to teach in this countryno tengo la titulación necesaria para ejercer la docencia en este paísExample sentences1.2 (competent) (predicative) to be qualified to +
- Childcare centres are getting more funding to pay for better qualified staff.
- The program has expanded to include 23 highly qualified teachers.
- The classes are being conducted by a qualified instructor.
infinitiveestar capacitadoI'm not qualified to speak on the subject para+ infinitiveno estoy capacitado para hablar sobre el tema1.3 (eligible) (predicative) to be qualified to + infinitivehe was not qualified to play for his countryno reunía los requisitos necesarios para jugar por su paísyou may be qualified to receive a grantpuede ser que tengas derecho a que te den una beca
- 2 (limited)(acceptance)it was a qualified success
con reservastuvo cierto éxitothey gave their qualified approval to the planaprobaron el plan estipulando ciertas condicionesExample sentences
- Some rights, perhaps in an attenuated or qualified form, survived the making of the order.
- Under the paragraph 3 process, parents have a qualified right to insist on their preference for a particular school.
- The first category of decision had to be unanimous; qualified majority could decide the second.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.