noun/nombre (plural -ties)
- 1 1.1 c and u (amount) cantidad (feminine) a large/small quantity of grain una gran/pequeña cantidad de grano in quantity en grandes cantidadesMore example sentences1.2
(quantities plural)(lots) cantidades (feminine plural)More example sentences
- The total quantity of materials required to complete the development will be about 1.25 million cubic metres.
- A consensus was reached during the workshop that both the quality and quantity of raw materials were a source of great concern in the leather industry of the Eastern and Southern African region.
- We estimated the total quantity of protein in the gland by using the BioRad color photometric method.
- Locally, some traders have bought quantities of genuine Livestrong bands and are selling them on at a profit.
- The fatal fraud was the result of his action in buying quantities of shares in a distilling firm in an effort to shore up the share price.
- Mass quantities of Harlequin Valentine ship today from Dark Horse, just in time for Valentine's Day.
- 2 countable/numerable 2.1 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] cantidad (feminine) an unknown quantity una incógnita 2.2 (of word, syllable) cantidad (feminine)More example sentences
More example sentences
- In speech, this feature is reflected in phonological quantity.
- In phonetics, the sense of movement in speech consists of the stress, quantity, and timing of syllables.
- This study investigates the realisation of phonological quantity in the dialects of Modern Swedish, based on a corpus containing recordings from 86 locations in Sweden and the Swedish-speaking parts of Finland.
More example sentences
- Another important quantity is the clustering coefficient C of a vertex.
- Those ratios are the same for both quantity and value.
- De triangulis is in five books, the first of which gives the basic definitions: quantity, ratio, equality, circles, arcs, chords, and the sine function.
- The heat absorbed or released in a reaction depends on a quantity called enthalpy, represented by the capital letter H.
- The quantity w represents the average fitness of the population at equilibrium.
- An ellipse is a flattened circle, and the degree of flatness is indicated by a numerical quantity called eccentricity, abbreviated e.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Did you know that the primary meaning of almuerzo is lunch? It is used only in this sense in most of Latin America. In Spain and Mexico, where comida is the usual word for lunch, almuerzo can also be a mid-morning snack.