noun/nombre (plural -ties)
- 1 1.1 c and u (amount) cantidad (feminine) a large/small quantity of grain una gran/pequeña cantidad de grano in quantity en grandes cantidadesMore example sentences1.2
(quantities plural)(lots) cantidades (feminine plural)More example sentences
- The total quantity of materials required to complete the development will be about 1.25 million cubic metres.
- A consensus was reached during the workshop that both the quality and quantity of raw materials were a source of great concern in the leather industry of the Eastern and Southern African region.
- We estimated the total quantity of protein in the gland by using the BioRad color photometric method.
- Locally, some traders have bought quantities of genuine Livestrong bands and are selling them on at a profit.
- The fatal fraud was the result of his action in buying quantities of shares in a distilling firm in an effort to shore up the share price.
- Mass quantities of Harlequin Valentine ship today from Dark Horse, just in time for Valentine's Day.
- 2 countable/numerable 2.1 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] cantidad (feminine) an unknown quantity una incógnita 2.2 (of word, syllable) cantidad (feminine)More example sentences
More example sentences
- In speech, this feature is reflected in phonological quantity.
- In phonetics, the sense of movement in speech consists of the stress, quantity, and timing of syllables.
- This study investigates the realisation of phonological quantity in the dialects of Modern Swedish, based on a corpus containing recordings from 86 locations in Sweden and the Swedish-speaking parts of Finland.
More example sentences
- Another important quantity is the clustering coefficient C of a vertex.
- Those ratios are the same for both quantity and value.
- De triangulis is in five books, the first of which gives the basic definitions: quantity, ratio, equality, circles, arcs, chords, and the sine function.
- The heat absorbed or released in a reaction depends on a quantity called enthalpy, represented by the capital letter H.
- The quantity w represents the average fitness of the population at equilibrium.
- An ellipse is a flattened circle, and the degree of flatness is indicated by a numerical quantity called eccentricity, abbreviated e.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is the día de todos los santos, a day celebrated in many countries by honoring saints and, often, the departed. During this festival, Spanish people place flowers on the graves of loved ones.