noun/nombre (plural -ries)
- (excavation) cantera (feminine)More example sentences
- The materials extracted from the quarries - used widely in the local building industry - contained large quantities of fibrous amphiboles.
- He was a crack skier and mountaineer, whose strength had been built up breaking up stones in a limestone quarry during the war.
- The operators want to dig deeper seams within the quarry - up to 15 metres below the existing level.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (-ries, -rying, -ried)
- [stone/slate] extraer* ([ de una cantera ]); [land/hillside] abrir* una cantera ento quarry sth
forsth the area has been quarried for quartz se han abierto canteras en la zona para extraer cuarzo