Translation of quash in Spanish:
- 1 (Law)(verdict/sentence)
- In this case Kennedy was distinguished and the Court of Appeal held, in quashing the accused's conviction for manslaughter, that the chain of causation was broken by the victim's act of self-injection.
- In Mazo the Court of Appeal quashed the conviction and stated that a person cannot be guilty of theft of property received as a valid gift.
- Secondly, the expert evidence which persuaded the Court of Appeal to quash the murder conviction and substitute manslaughter had not been before the jury.
- 2 (suppress)(protest)
- The gallery does now say it will build on its existing land, thus quashing rumours that it was looking at a site elsewhere in the city, but otherwise says its plans are still at the discussion stage.
- Lisa recently quashed rumours she was set to marry George as she wouldn't want to swap her home in Essex for George's Hollywood Hills property.
- He also quashed rumours that the Farnborough airshow, the UK's biggest aviation trade show and the Air Tattoo might merge.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.