Translation of queen in Spanish:
noun→ Queen's Speech
- 1 1.1 (monarch) Queen Elizabethla reina Isabelshe was queen to Charles IIIera la esposa del rey Carlos IIIExample sentences1.2 (in beauty contest)
Example sentences1.3 (leading example) the queen of roses
- She became a queen and gave birth to a future queen, and in the process became beloved by the British people.
- Only 30% favour having a king or queen who inherits the position for life.
- In the 1840s, the Ardverikie Estate was leased by the Duke of Abercorn, a senior aide to Prince Albert, the queen's husband.
la reina de las rosasExample sentences1.4 (Zoology)
- Jill's post about this, and her analogy to the unpopular girl winning homecoming queen, made me want to go and vote.
- Two vintage cars, owned by Mr Mchugh, carried the carnival queen and the mayor.
- Leanne has had her heart set on becoming the carnival queen for a number of years and was really delighted.
- Sunday was family day and the best-dressed lady was selected from the many queens of fashion that paraded the latest styles throughout the course.
- In the studio the Eastenders cast will get makeovers from fashion queens Trinny and Susannah as part of a What Not To Wear special.
- Also, since you've been called the queen of fantasy romance, i could use any pointers you have!
- We present data on reproductive partitioning among queens in the ant Leptothorax rugatulus with special emphasis on relatedness and body size.
- Mound densities were 33 percent less in sites with the parasitic ant, and the number of fire ant queens was 47 percent less in parasitized colonies.
- But in an unusual role reversal, paper wasp queens beg their young for a meal.
- Mousers left their prey, elder toms left their warm places by the fire, kittens left their meals, queens grabbed a kitten from their nest, and they all ran to the woods.
- 2 (in chess, cards)Example sentences
- As far as movement, he's as versatile as the queen piece on a chess board.
- On move 20, the two players liquidated their queens and after swapping pieces in the next 10 moves, they were almost in a balanced position.
- After the queens came off on move 40, Korchnoi was left with 6 pawns to Galliamova's knight and 2 soldiers.
- You should generally try to avoid playing aces, kings, queens and jacks except when capturing or building with them.
- A Kirby is often used when a player has many trumps, or cards above the value of queens (kings and Aces).
- The object is to take tricks containing aces, 10s, kings, queens and jacks.
- 3 (male homosexual) [slang]loca (feminine) [slang]marica (masculine) [colloquial] [derogatory]Example sentences
- Like Teds, Mods, Rockabillies, Punks, Ravers and Goths, gay male fetish queens do not change much over the years.
- ‘They segregated just the queens and pulled the butch types out,’ he recalled.
- And while the film became a midnight-movie fave for camp-loving queens, Gershon became an instant queer icon for homosexuals and lesbians alike.
- (in chess)(pawn)
- A Slav drawn in 22 moves after a short burst of excitement where Kramnik gave up his queen, then queened a pawn to re-establish material equality.
- Both players queened a pawn after 56 moves, but Korchnoi managed to check and grab the knight leaving him up 2 passed pawns, and Galliamova resigned after 64 moves.
- Winning one more pawn, Saravanan never looked back and closed in on his opponent in a rook-bishop-knight ending by queening his pawn.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.