Translation of queen bee in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Zoology/Zoología] abeja (feminine) reinaExample sentences1.2 (female organizer) mandamás (feminine)
- To scientists, that's as bizarre a finding as a queen bee spawning a colony of ants.
- Our scientists surmised that the bulk of any emotional consideration was left to the queens, who ruled the Zylon like a queen bee does her hive.
- Produced by glands in worker bees' heads, royal jelly is fed to larvae and the adult queen bee.
- Washington DC is a matriarchal society and I am the queen bee.
- She is the fashion correspondent for the International Herald Tribune and by the lights of the arcane pecking order of this bizarre business is accepted as the queen bee.
- The role of Eva Phillips, the queen bee who achieves her selfish aims by stinging any rivals around her that might challenge her supremacy, seemed tailor-made for Crawford.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Spain's literary renaissance, known as the Golden Age (Siglo de Oro/i>), roughly covers the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. It includes the Italian-influenced poetry of figures such as Garcilaso de la Vega; the religious verse of Fray Luis de León, Santa Teresa de Ávila and San Juan de la Cruz; picaresque novels such as the anonymous Lazarillo de Tormes and Quevedo's Buscón; Miguel de Cervantes' immortal Don Quijote; the theater of Lope de Vega, and the ornate poetry of Luis de Góngora.