- 1.1 [Zoology/Zoología] abeja (feminine) reinaMore example sentences1.2 (female organizer) mandamás (feminine)
More example sentences
- To scientists, that's as bizarre a finding as a queen bee spawning a colony of ants.
- Our scientists surmised that the bulk of any emotional consideration was left to the queens, who ruled the Zylon like a queen bee does her hive.
- Produced by glands in worker bees' heads, royal jelly is fed to larvae and the adult queen bee.
- Washington DC is a matriarchal society and I am the queen bee.
- She is the fashion correspondent for the International Herald Tribune and by the lights of the arcane pecking order of this bizarre business is accepted as the queen bee.
- The role of Eva Phillips, the queen bee who achieves her selfish aims by stinging any rivals around her that might challenge her supremacy, seemed tailor-made for Crawford.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The deck of cards used in Spain is called the baraja francesa. The four suits are oros, copas, espadas, and bastos, corresponding to diamonds, hearts, spades, and clubs. Each suit has nine numbered cards and three face cards - jack (sota), knight, and king. There is no queen.