Translation of query in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -ries)
- 1.1 (doubt) duda (feminine); (question) pregunta (feminine) I have a query tengo una duda, quisiera hacer una pregunta she accepted it without query lo aceptó sin cuestionarloExample sentences1.2 (question mark) (British English/inglés británico) signo (masculine) de interrogación
- His second query concerned the request from residents, whose property faces onto the Fairgreen at the rear, to have a footpath installed behind their houses.
- Those who have a query, are seeking information or wish to register a complaint and are unsure whom to contact, may call the North West
- The station now has more staff to deal with queries and give out information and there are 15 CCTV cameras operating 24 hours-a-day to help ensure passenger safety.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (-ries, -rying, -ried)
- 1.1 (dispute) [statement/right] cuestionar I'm not querying your integrity no estoy poniendo su integridad en duda or en tela de juicio I'd like to query this bill me parece que hay un error en esta cuenta she's bound to query these figures seguro que pide explicaciones sobre estas cifras I query whether they are solvent tengo mis dudas acerca de su solvencia 1.2 (ask) preguntar, inquirir* [formal]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.