Translation of query in Spanish:
noun plural queries
- 1(doubt) duda (feminine)(question) pregunta (feminine)I have a querytengo una dudashe accepted it without query
quisiera hacer una preguntalo aceptó sin cuestionarloExample sentences
- His second query concerned the request from residents, whose property faces onto the Fairgreen at the rear, to have a footpath installed behind their houses.
- Those who have a query, are seeking information or wish to register a complaint and are unsure whom to contact, may call the North West
- The station now has more staff to deal with queries and give out information and there are 15 CCTV cameras operating 24 hours-a-day to help ensure passenger safety.
transitive verb -ries, -rying, -ried
- 1 (dispute)(statement/right)I'm not querying your integrity
cuestionarno estoy poniendo su integridad en duda or en tela de juicioI'd like to query this billme parece que hay un error en esta cuentashe's bound to query these figuresseguro que pide explicaciones sobre estas cifrasI query whether they are solventtengo mis dudas acerca de su solvenciaExample sentences
- ‘I'll be querying whether these new revelations relate to matters that should be declared under the ministerial code,’ said Theresa May, shadow leader of the house.
- Two residents from Bridge End Cottages had written to Settle Town Council querying whether the football field was the right location, but the council has yet to discuss the letter.
- Replays showed Jayawardene took the low catch on the half-volley and home umpire Asoka de Silva referred to square-leg colleague Dave Orchard to query whether the catch had been taken cleanly.
- 2 (ask)inquirir [formal]Example sentences
- And after querying a few people on the subject, I learned that there had been a recent death in the family.
- We recently have sent out questionnaire to query our Japanese readers about their reactions to our magazine and products.
- She's been watching things from there, querying military leaders there about how this fits into the overall tactics and strategies for the U.S.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.