Translation of quick in Spanish:
adjective quicker, quickest
- 1 (speedy)(action/movement)it's a lot quicker by car
rápidose va mucho más rápido en cochehe made a quick recoveryse repuso rápidamenteI'll be as quick as I canvolveré ( or lo haré etc) lo más rápido que puedathat was quick! OK, but make it quick they arrived in quick successionllegaron muy seguidos or uno detrás del otroto be quick on one's feettener buenos reflejos
ser rápido de reflejosExample sentences
- They are a fine team with very fast and quick forwards and they are pressing for the top place in the group and if they beat us they will do that.
- With electric gates which can be operated from either end of the pit cows make a quick entry and a fast exit.
- While being quick and fast, those involved in the relief and rescue work should maintain their temper, he noted.
- 2 (brief) (before noun, no comparative)(calculation/question)
rápido(nod)let me have a quick look
brevedéjame que eche un vistazolet's have a quick swimvamos a darnos un chapuzónhe'd like a quick word with youquiere hablar contigo un momentoshall we take a quick vote?¿lo ponemos a votación?time for a quick one?¿nos tomamos una copa?Example sentences
- Bails was tired but met for a quick drink after work.
- We were supposed to be having ‘a quick drink’, but it ended up being dinner for about eight and the bar actually ran out of wine.
- The set was two and a half hours of music with a twenty-minute interval for drinks and some quick reprogramming of the lights and video projectors.
- 3 (prompt) she has a very quick tempertiene el genio vivotiene mucho genioes una polvorita [colloquial]he's quick to take offensese ofende por lo más mínimo or por cualquier nimiedadthey were quick to spot the problemidentificaron el problema rápidamenteshe was quick to come to my assistancevino rápidamente en mi ayuda or a ayudarme
adverb quicker, quickest
- come quickven corriendo or rápidoquick, hide in hererápido or corre, escóndete aquíget here as quick as you canven lo más rápido or deprisa que puedasquick march! (Military)¡paso ligero!Example sentences
- Exxon and Shell say if we don't do something quick the 2004 convention sponsorship deal is off.
- So get your ducks quick as they are flying out of the place.
- How quick we have forgotten the sacrifice demanded of those whose homes and communities that stood in the way of the inner relief folly.
- 1 (flesh) (+ singular verb) the quickher nails were bitten to the quicktenía las uñas en carne viva de mordérselasto cut somebody to the quickherir a alguien en lo más vivoExample sentences
- You'll enjoy the movie if your idea of a good time is sitting glued to the edge of your seat chewing your fingernails down to the quick.
- This will prevent the quick from growing too long and prevent the nail from bleeding.
- As she packed, I saw her hands and her once beautiful nails were bitten to the quick.
- 2 (living people) (+ plural verb) the quick [literary]los vivosExample sentences
- They will die as you died, in the footsteps of the dead that were quick.
- From the salvation of the dead we move to the healing of the quick.
- This law renders willful killing of an unborn ‘quick’ child by any injury to the mother of the child to be manslaughter.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.