Translation of quicken in Spanish:
acelerar(procedure)he quickened his pace
agilizarapretó or aceleró el pasothe quickening pace of the changesel ritmo cada vez más acelerado de los cambios1.2(interest)
- Now, that quickening we call interest originates in the nervous system, but is not limited by it.
- In 1773 he became sheriff of Bedford, where an inspection of the local jail quickened his interest in the sufferings of prisoners.
- Yet, obviously, such transference might quicken interest and offer other ways of thinking about a subject.
- 1 1.1(rate/pulse)
acelerarse(procedure)her heartbeats quickened when she heard his voice
agilizarseal oír su voz el corazón empezó a latirle con fuerza1.2(interest/enthusiasm)
acrecentarse [formal]Example sentences
- The bandsmen, all dressed in their serious splendour, played at a determined pace, which quickened the pulse.
- As the ‘kurathi’ started narrating her tale of woe, the pace of the songs quickened as did the steps of her dance.
- She also urged Japan to quicken the pace of a project aimed at disposing of the huge stockpiles of chemical weapons left in China by retreating Japanese armies.
- 2 [literary](seeds/bulb)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.