Translation of quietly in Spanish:
- 1 (silently, not loudly)(move/stand)
sin hacer ruido(whisper/murmur/speak)to play quietly (Music)
en voz bajatocar con suavidad
tocar piano [technical]
- 2 2.1 (peacefully)(sleep/rest)they live quietly in the country
tranquilamentellevan una vida tranquila en el campo2.2 (unobtrusively, calmly)(dress/mention)a quietly determined woman
discretamenteuna mujer que persigue sus objetivos con callada resoluciónhe quietly assumed responsibilityasumió calladamente la responsabilidadhe quietly insinuated himself into their circlepoco a poco y sin atraer la atención se fue introduciendo en su círculoExample sentences
- He is quietly confident that he is steering the economic juggernaut in the right direction.
- Whether he can turn a club around as easily as he can a game remains to be seen but he's quietly confident.
- We went into the game quietly confident that we could win it but we paid a high price.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.