- 1 (silently, not loudly) [move/stand] silenciosamente, sin hacer ruido; [whisper/murmur/speak] en voz baja to play quietly [Music/Música] tocar* con suavidad, tocar* piano [technical/técnico]
- 2 2.1 (peacefully) [sleep/rest] tranquilamente they live quietly in the country llevan una vida tranquila en el campo 2.2 (unobtrusively, calmly) [dress/mention] discretamente a quietly determined woman una mujer que persigue sus objetivos con callada resolución he quietly assumed responsibility asumió calladamente la responsabilidad he quietly insinuated himself into their circle poco a poco y sin atraer la atención se fue introduciendo en su círculoMore example sentences
- He is quietly confident that he is steering the economic juggernaut in the right direction.
- Whether he can turn a club around as easily as he can a game remains to be seen but he's quietly confident.
- We went into the game quietly confident that we could win it but we paid a high price.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Guernica is a Basque town destroyed by German bombers fighting on the Nationalist side in the Spanish Civil War in April 1937.