- 1 (silently, not loudly) [move/stand] silenciosamente, sin hacer ruido; [whisper/murmur/speak] en voz baja to play quietly [Music/Música] tocar* con suavidad, tocar* piano [technical/técnico]
- 2 2.1 (peacefully) [sleep/rest] tranquilamente they live quietly in the country llevan una vida tranquila en el campo 2.2 (unobtrusively, calmly) [dress/mention] discretamente a quietly determined woman una mujer que persigue sus objetivos con callada resolución he quietly assumed responsibility asumió calladamente la responsabilidad he quietly insinuated himself into their circle poco a poco y sin atraer la atención se fue introduciendo en su círculoMore example sentences
- He is quietly confident that he is steering the economic juggernaut in the right direction.
- Whether he can turn a club around as easily as he can a game remains to be seen but he's quietly confident.
- We went into the game quietly confident that we could win it but we paid a high price.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Cortes Generales is the Spanish Parliament, consisting of two houses, the lower house or Congreso de los Diputados and the upper house or Senado. It is a legislative body, approves state budgets, and exercises other powers relating to international treaties and agreements, the autonomous regions and appointments to posts in institutions such as the Tribunal Constitucional.