Translation of quietly in Spanish:
- 1 (silently, not loudly) [move/stand] silenciosamente, sin hacer ruido; [whisper/murmur/speak] en voz baja to play quietly [Music/Música] tocar* con suavidad, tocar* piano [technical/técnico]
- 2 2.1 (peacefully) [sleep/rest] tranquilamente they live quietly in the country llevan una vida tranquila en el campo 2.2 (unobtrusively, calmly) [dress/mention] discretamente a quietly determined woman una mujer que persigue sus objetivos con callada resolución he quietly assumed responsibility asumió calladamente la responsabilidad he quietly insinuated himself into their circle poco a poco y sin atraer la atención se fue introduciendo en su círculoExample sentences
- He is quietly confident that he is steering the economic juggernaut in the right direction.
- Whether he can turn a club around as easily as he can a game remains to be seen but he's quietly confident.
- We went into the game quietly confident that we could win it but we paid a high price.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.