Translation of quietly in Spanish:
- 1 (silently, not loudly)(move/stand)sin hacer ruido(whisper/murmur/speak)to play quietly (Music)en voz bajatocar con suavidadtocar piano [technical]
- 2 2.1 (peacefully)(sleep/rest)they live quietly in the country2.2 (unobtrusively, calmly)llevan una vida tranquila en el campo(dress/mention)a quietly determined womanhe quietly assumed responsibilityuna mujer que persigue sus objetivos con callada resoluciónhe quietly insinuated himself into their circleasumió calladamente la responsabilidadpoco a poco y sin atraer la atención se fue introduciendo en su círculoExample sentences
- He is quietly confident that he is steering the economic juggernaut in the right direction.
- Whether he can turn a club around as easily as he can a game remains to be seen but he's quietly confident.
- We went into the game quietly confident that we could win it but we paid a high price.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the