Translation of quietly in Spanish:
- 1 (silently, not loudly)(move/stand)
sin hacer ruido(whisper/murmur/speak)to play quietly (Music)
en voz bajatocar con suavidadtocar piano [technical]Example sentences
- He is quietly confident that he is steering the economic juggernaut in the right direction.
- Whether he can turn a club around as easily as he can a game remains to be seen but he's quietly confident.
- We went into the game quietly confident that we could win it but we paid a high price.
- 2 2.1 (peacefully)(sleep/rest)they live quietly in the country
tranquilamentellevan una vida tranquila en el campo2.2 (unobtrusively, calmly)(dress/mention)a quietly determined woman
discretamenteuna mujer que persigue sus objetivos con callada resoluciónhe quietly assumed responsibilityasumió calladamente la responsabilidadhe quietly insinuated himself into their circlepoco a poco y sin atraer la atención se fue introduciendo en su círculo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.