Translation of quite in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (completely, absolutely) are you sure? — yes, quite sure¿estás seguro? — sí, completamente or totalmente (seguro)he made her give it back — quite right too!se lo hizo devolver — ¡y con toda la razón!quite the most exquisite dressel vestido más precioso que te puedas imaginarwe quite simply forgotnos olvidamos, lisa y llanamenteI can quite believe itno me cabe la menor dudaI still can't quite believe ittodavía no me lo creo del todo or no acabo de creérmeloI quite appreciate your difficultycomprendo perfectamente tu problemaI quite agree with you thereen eso estoy totalmente or completamente de acuerdo contigothis will only make matters worse — quite!esto solo va a empeorar las cosas — ¡exactamente!that's quite enough!¡basta ya!is this what you wanted? — not quite¿es esto lo que buscaba? — no exactamentethey're not quite perfectno son cien por ciento perfectosshe's not quite tentodavía no ha cumplido los diezthere's nothing quite like champagnerealmente no hay como el champánquite the contrary o reverse he looks quite the little man in his new suitparece todo un hombrecito con su traje nuevothere were quite 40 or 50 people present [dated]había por lo menos unas 40 o 50 personasExample sentences1.2 (as intensifier) you'll have quite a job persuading her
te va a costar lo tuyo or te va a dar mucho trabajo convencerlaquite a few of them have already leftmuchos de ellos ya se han idothat was quite a match!¡fue un partidazo! [colloquial]¡fue flor de partido! (Southern Cone) [colloquial]
- These people have absolutely no power in it and quite frankly I think it's a waste of time.
- He is one of the richest characters in the whole of the Wodehouse creation, absolutely rounded and quite without flaw.
- Here the facts are quite complex and quite different from the residential construction cases.
- 2 (fairly) (British English) it's quite warm todayhoy hace bastante calorhoy hace bastante calorcito [colloquial]there were quite a fewhabía bastanteswe see them quite often
había unos cuantoslos vemos bastante a menudoI quite liked it — only quite?me gustó bastante — ¿solo bastante?it's quite likely you've lost ites muy probable que lo hayas perdidoExample sentences
- It is quite warm outside under the canopy as well, with a very effective heater thoughtfully placed there.
- It's still fairly big and quite bulky but we're gradually getting there.
- We have invested quite a significant amount of money into the Scottish whisky industry.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.