Translation of quite in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (completely, absolutely) are you sure? — yes, quite surehe made her give it back — quite right too!¿estás seguro? — sí, completamente or totalmente (seguro)quite the most exquisite dressse lo hizo devolver — ¡y con toda la razón!we quite simply forgotel vestido más precioso que te puedas imaginarI can quite believe itnos olvidamos, lisa y llanamenteI still can't quite believe itno me cabe la menor dudaI quite appreciate your difficultytodavía no me lo creo del todo or no acabo de creérmeloI quite agree with you therecomprendo perfectamente tu problemathis will only make matters worse — quite!en eso estoy totalmente or completamente de acuerdo contigothat's quite enough!esto solo va a empeorar las cosas — ¡exactamente!is this what you wanted? — not quite¡basta ya!they're not quite perfect¿es esto lo que buscaba? — no exactamenteshe's not quite tenno son cien por ciento perfectosthere's nothing quite like champagnetodavía no ha cumplido los diezquite the contrary o reverse he looks quite the little man in his new suitrealmente no hay como el champánthere were quite 40 or 50 people present [dated]parece todo un hombrecito con su traje nuevohabía por lo menos unas 40 o 50 personasExample sentences1.2 (as intensifier) you'll have quite a job persuading her
quite a few of them have already leftte va a costar lo tuyo or te va a dar mucho trabajo convencerlathat was quite a match!muchos de ellos ya se han ido¡fue un partidazo! [colloquial]¡fue flor de partido! (Southern Cone) [colloquial]
- These people have absolutely no power in it and quite frankly I think it's a waste of time.
- He is one of the richest characters in the whole of the Wodehouse creation, absolutely rounded and quite without flaw.
- Here the facts are quite complex and quite different from the residential construction cases.
- 2 (fairly)(British English)it's quite warm todaythere were quite a fewhoy hace bastante calor or [colloquial] bastante calorcitowe see them quite oftenhabía bastanteshabía unos cuantosI quite liked it — only quite?los vemos bastante a menudoit's quite likely you've lost itme gustó bastante — ¿solo bastante?es muy probable que lo hayas perdidoExample sentences
- It is quite warm outside under the canopy as well, with a very effective heater thoughtfully placed there.
- It's still fairly big and quite bulky but we're gradually getting there.
- We have invested quite a significant amount of money into the Scottish whisky industry.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the