Translation of quota in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural quotas)
- [Politics/Política] [Economics/Economía] cuota (feminine), cupo (masculine) import/immigration quotas cuotas or cupos de importación/inmigración I've done my quota yo ya he hecho mi parte every group has its quota of idlers todo grupo tiene su cuota de ociosos (before noun/delante del nombre) quota system sistema (masculine) de cuotasExample sentences
- Thousands of officials found employment in allocating and policing quotas in importing and exporting countries.
- Protective safeguards, such as import and export controls, quotas, subsidies etc, will need to be introduced over a clearly agreed transition period to all continents.
- The government will also abolish import permissions and export quotas.
- The police have to fill a daily quota of arrests, so they seize people at random.
- When the Germans attacked, there should have been enough of these guns for every division to receive its quota, but many of them were so recently out of the factories that they had not yet all been distributed to the armies.
- ‘The police [apparently] had a quota to fill,’ Choi said of her arrest.
- Combined, these groups report on every aspect of public policy; from changes to the minimum wage to immigration quotas to health care reform.
- And last year the government reduced the quota of Bangladeshi workers it would allow into the country by 25 per cent.
- The permitted quota of fee paying students for any course is expected to be extended from 25% to as high as 50%.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the