noun/nombre (horse racing)uncountable/no numerable
- 1.1 carreras (feminine plural) de caballos; (before noun/delante del nombre) [commentator/correspondent] hípico in racing circles en círculos hípicos to be a racing certainty (British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar] ser* de cajón [colloquial/familiar] it's a racing certainty that he'll be there seguro que va a estar allí, es de cajón que va a estar allí [colloquial/familiar]More example sentences1.2 (sport, pastime) carreras (feminine plural)
More example sentences
- Turf racing is scheduled to run through the third week of November and may go longer, weather permitting.
- Live racing is scheduled to resume at both facilities on Saturday.
- Live racing was scheduled to return with five-race turf-only cards on Sunday and Monday.
- Dirt bike racing is a contact sport that can take away lives thus extra protection and precaution must be taken into consideration.
- The sport of pigeon racing is built around a central mystery: the strange homing instinct of the pigeon.
- But he finally made the decision to end 20 years of high-level competitive racing after a race in Peterborough.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, pinchos are small portions of food, often on a cocktail stick, eaten in a bar or cafe. Often free, they are similar to