Translation of racing in Spanish:
noun/nombre (horse racing)uncountable/no numerable
- 1.1 carreras (feminine plural) de caballos; (before noun/delante del nombre) [commentator/correspondent] hípico in racing circles en círculos hípicos to be a racing certainty (British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar] ser* de cajón [colloquial/familiar] it's a racing certainty that he'll be there seguro que va a estar allí, es de cajón que va a estar allí [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences1.2 (sport, pastime) carreras (feminine plural)
- Turf racing is scheduled to run through the third week of November and may go longer, weather permitting.
- Live racing is scheduled to resume at both facilities on Saturday.
- Live racing was scheduled to return with five-race turf-only cards on Sunday and Monday.
- Dirt bike racing is a contact sport that can take away lives thus extra protection and precaution must be taken into consideration.
- The sport of pigeon racing is built around a central mystery: the strange homing instinct of the pigeon.
- But he finally made the decision to end 20 years of high-level competitive racing after a race in Peterborough.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Spain's literary renaissance, known as the Golden Age (Siglo de Oro/i>), roughly covers the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. It includes the Italian-influenced poetry of figures such as Garcilaso de la Vega; the religious verse of Fray Luis de León, Santa Teresa de Ávila and San Juan de la Cruz; picaresque novels such as the anonymous Lazarillo de Tormes and Quevedo's Buscón; Miguel de Cervantes' immortal Don Quijote; the theater of Lope de Vega, and the ornate poetry of Luis de Góngora.