noun/nombre (horse racing)uncountable/no numerable
- 1.1 carreras (feminine plural) de caballos; (before noun/delante del nombre) [commentator/correspondent] hípico in racing circles en círculos hípicos to be a racing certainty (British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar] ser* de cajón [colloquial/familiar] it's a racing certainty that he'll be there seguro que va a estar allí, es de cajón que va a estar allí [colloquial/familiar]More example sentences1.2 (sport, pastime) carreras (feminine plural)
More example sentences
- Turf racing is scheduled to run through the third week of November and may go longer, weather permitting.
- Live racing is scheduled to resume at both facilities on Saturday.
- Live racing was scheduled to return with five-race turf-only cards on Sunday and Monday.
- Dirt bike racing is a contact sport that can take away lives thus extra protection and precaution must be taken into consideration.
- The sport of pigeon racing is built around a central mystery: the strange homing instinct of the pigeon.
- But he finally made the decision to end 20 years of high-level competitive racing after a race in Peterborough.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.