noun/nombre (horse racing)uncountable/no numerable
- 1.1 carreras (feminine plural) de caballos; (before noun/delante del nombre) [commentator/correspondent] hípico in racing circles en círculos hípicos to be a racing certainty (British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar] ser* de cajón [colloquial/familiar] it's a racing certainty that he'll be there seguro que va a estar allí, es de cajón que va a estar allí [colloquial/familiar]More example sentences1.2 (sport, pastime) carreras (feminine plural)
More example sentences
- Turf racing is scheduled to run through the third week of November and may go longer, weather permitting.
- Live racing is scheduled to resume at both facilities on Saturday.
- Live racing was scheduled to return with five-race turf-only cards on Sunday and Monday.
- Dirt bike racing is a contact sport that can take away lives thus extra protection and precaution must be taken into consideration.
- The sport of pigeon racing is built around a central mystery: the strange homing instinct of the pigeon.
- But he finally made the decision to end 20 years of high-level competitive racing after a race in Peterborough.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Do you know what 'arpilleras' are? They are pieces of appliquéd textile folk art, common in South America. Doll characters and animals create a three-dimensional effect representing scenes from daily life.