Translation of racing in Spanish:
noun/nombre (horse racing)uncountable/no numerable
- 1.1 carreras (feminine plural) de caballos; (before noun/delante del nombre) [commentator/correspondent] hípico in racing circles en círculos hípicos to be a racing certainty (British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar] ser* de cajón [colloquial/familiar] it's a racing certainty that he'll be there seguro que va a estar allí, es de cajón que va a estar allí [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences1.2 (sport, pastime) carreras (feminine plural)
- Turf racing is scheduled to run through the third week of November and may go longer, weather permitting.
- Live racing is scheduled to resume at both facilities on Saturday.
- Live racing was scheduled to return with five-race turf-only cards on Sunday and Monday.
- Dirt bike racing is a contact sport that can take away lives thus extra protection and precaution must be taken into consideration.
- The sport of pigeon racing is built around a central mystery: the strange homing instinct of the pigeon.
- But he finally made the decision to end 20 years of high-level competitive racing after a race in Peterborough.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the