Translation of racing in Spanish:
noun horse racinguncountable
- 1carreras (feminine plural) de caballos(before noun) (commentator/correspondent)in racing circles
hípicoen círculos hípicosto be a racing certainty (British English) [colloquial]ser de cajón [colloquial]it's a racing certainty that he'll be thereseguro que va a estar allí
es de cajón que va a estar allí [colloquial]Example sentences
- Turf racing is scheduled to run through the third week of November and may go longer, weather permitting.
- Live racing is scheduled to resume at both facilities on Saturday.
- Live racing was scheduled to return with five-race turf-only cards on Sunday and Monday.
- 2 (sport, pastime)carreras (feminine plural)Example sentences
- Dirt bike racing is a contact sport that can take away lives thus extra protection and precaution must be taken into consideration.
- The sport of pigeon racing is built around a central mystery: the strange homing instinct of the pigeon.
- But he finally made the decision to end 20 years of high-level competitive racing after a race in Peterborough.
- (before noun)(bicycle/car/dog)
de regatade carreras
de carrerasExample sentences
- Just as I was leaving, the rain stopped and for a brief time the sun emerged from behind the racing clouds.
- The wind was howling through the trees, the sky was overcast with heavy racing clouds, and one or two large drops of rain proclaimed the approach of a storm.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.