Translation of racing in Spanish:
noun horse racinguncountable
- 1.1carreras (feminine plural) de caballos(before noun) (commentator/correspondent)in racing circlesto be a racing certainty (British English) [colloquial]en círculos hípicosit's a racing certainty that he'll be thereser de cajón[colloquial]seguro que va a estar allíes de cajón que va a estar allí[colloquial]Example sentences1.2 (sport, pastime)
carreras (feminine plural)Example sentences
- Turf racing is scheduled to run through the third week of November and may go longer, weather permitting.
- Live racing is scheduled to resume at both facilities on Saturday.
- Live racing was scheduled to return with five-race turf-only cards on Sunday and Monday.
- Dirt bike racing is a contact sport that can take away lives thus extra protection and precaution must be taken into consideration.
- The sport of pigeon racing is built around a central mystery: the strange homing instinct of the pigeon.
- But he finally made the decision to end 20 years of high-level competitive racing after a race in Peterborough.
- (before noun)(bicycle/car/dog)de carrera(s)(yacht)de regatade carreras(driver)de carreras(pigeon)de carrerasExample sentences
- Just as I was leaving, the rain stopped and for a brief time the sun emerged from behind the racing clouds.
- The wind was howling through the trees, the sky was overcast with heavy racing clouds, and one or two large drops of rain proclaimed the approach of a storm.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to