- 1 [Physics/Física] radiación (feminine); (before noun/delante del nombre) [levels/leakage] de radiación radiation sickness radiotoxemia (feminine) radiation therapy radioterapia (feminine)More example sentences
- The total spectrum of solar radiation comprises ultraviolet radiations, visible light, and infra-red radiations, in order of increasing electromagnetic wavelengths.
- A radioactive source will emit these radiations at various frequencies, depending on its activity and its decay mode.
- This foil doesn't do very well in the air, but it protected it from meteorites and from the ultraviolet radiations from the sun.
- 2 (process of radiating) irradiación (feminine)More example sentences
- Because it uses sound waves instead of radiation, ultrasound is safer than X-rays.
- When taken up by obstacles, beta particles produce a more penetrative secondary radiation known as bremsstrahlung.
- We now know that invisible forces do control some things: gravity, radiation, electricity.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexico, today is Conmemoración de la Proclamación de la Independencia. Throughout the country, at 11 o'clock at night, there is a communal shout, El Grito, in memory of Padre Hidalgo's cry of independence from the Spanish in the town of Dolores.