- 1 [Phys] radiación (f); (before n) [levels/leakage] de radiación radiation sickness radiotoxemia (f) radiation therapy radioterapia (f)More example sentences
- The total spectrum of solar radiation comprises ultraviolet radiations, visible light, and infra-red radiations, in order of increasing electromagnetic wavelengths.
- A radioactive source will emit these radiations at various frequencies, depending on its activity and its decay mode.
- This foil doesn't do very well in the air, but it protected it from meteorites and from the ultraviolet radiations from the sun.
- 2 (process of radiating) irradiación (f)More example sentences
- Because it uses sound waves instead of radiation, ultrasound is safer than X-rays.
- When taken up by obstacles, beta particles produce a more penetrative secondary radiation known as bremsstrahlung.
- We now know that invisible forces do control some things: gravity, radiation, electricity.
Browse other language resources
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...