- 1 [Phys] radiación (f); (before n) [levels/leakage] de radiación radiation sickness radiotoxemia (f) radiation therapy radioterapia (f)More example sentences
- The total spectrum of solar radiation comprises ultraviolet radiations, visible light, and infra-red radiations, in order of increasing electromagnetic wavelengths.
- A radioactive source will emit these radiations at various frequencies, depending on its activity and its decay mode.
- This foil doesn't do very well in the air, but it protected it from meteorites and from the ultraviolet radiations from the sun.
- 2 (process of radiating) irradiación (f)More example sentences
- Because it uses sound waves instead of radiation, ultrasound is safer than X-rays.
- When taken up by obstacles, beta particles produce a more penetrative secondary radiation known as bremsstrahlung.
- We now know that invisible forces do control some things: gravity, radiation, electricity.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.