Translation of radiation in Spanish:
- 1 (Physics)(before noun) (levels/leakage)de radiaciónExample sentences
- The total spectrum of solar radiation comprises ultraviolet radiations, visible light, and infra-red radiations, in order of increasing electromagnetic wavelengths.
- A radioactive source will emit these radiations at various frequencies, depending on its activity and its decay mode.
- This foil doesn't do very well in the air, but it protected it from meteorites and from the ultraviolet radiations from the sun.
- 2 (process of radiating)Example sentences
- Because it uses sound waves instead of radiation, ultrasound is safer than X-rays.
- When taken up by obstacles, beta particles produce a more penetrative secondary radiation known as bremsstrahlung.
- We now know that invisible forces do control some things: gravity, radiation, electricity.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.