Translation of radius in Spanish:
noun plural radiuses or radii Pronunciation: / -diaɪ /
- 1 1.1 (Mathematics)Example sentences1.2 (area) within a mile radius
en un radio de una millaExample sentences
- Thus, the area of a circle is equal to half of the product of the radius and the circumference.
- He calculates the side of a regular pentagon in terms of the radius of the circumscribed circle.
- Recall that given a circle of radius r, the circumference is 2pr.
- It seems sensible to find somewhere with no population centres within a two-mile radius - like offshore.
- The department has acquired legal powers to close all footpaths within a two-mile radius of any free-range poultry farms.
- Teams divided into four groups, combing through a two-mile radius searching for any clue of what might have happened.
- 2 (bone)Example sentences
- Common osteoporotic fracture sites include the vertebrae, the hip, the distal radius of the forearm, and the proximal humerus.
- Scaphoid fractures are rare children and the elderly because of the relative weakness of the distal radius compared with the scaphoid in these age groups.
- Abduction is movement of the hand away from the body as the proximal carpal bones move medially on the radius.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.