n (pl radiuses or , radii /-diaɪ/)
- 1 1.1 [Math] radio (m)More example sentences1.2 (area) radio (m) within a mile radius en un radio de una milla
More example sentences
- Thus, the area of a circle is equal to half of the product of the radius and the circumference.
- He calculates the side of a regular pentagon in terms of the radius of the circumscribed circle.
- Recall that given a circle of radius r, the circumference is 2pr.
- It seems sensible to find somewhere with no population centres within a two-mile radius - like offshore.
- The department has acquired legal powers to close all footpaths within a two-mile radius of any free-range poultry farms.
- Teams divided into four groups, combing through a two-mile radius searching for any clue of what might have happened.
- 2 (bone) radio (m)More example sentences
- Common osteoporotic fracture sites include the vertebrae, the hip, the distal radius of the forearm, and the proximal humerus.
- Scaphoid fractures are rare children and the elderly because of the relative weakness of the distal radius compared with the scaphoid in these age groups.
- Abduction is movement of the hand away from the body as the proximal carpal bones move medially on the radius.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.