- 1 [Nautical/Náutica] balsa (feminine), almadía (feminine)More example sentences
- It turned out that the chopper was homing in on the emergency locator beacon that activated when the raft was inflated.
- They were taking down our coordinates every 15 minutes in case we got washed under and had to take the rubber raft and jump into our survival suits.
- He and pilot Russell Phillips managed to survive 47 days on a rubber raft with no provisions amidst menacing swarms of sharks.
- 2 (anchored off beach) plataforma (feminine)
- [colloquial/familiar] (large amount) montón (masculine) [colloquial/familiar], pila (feminine) (Latin America/América Latina) [colloquial/familiar] rafts of trouble montones or (in Latin America also/en América Latina también) pilas de problemas [colloquial/familiar], la tira de problemas [colloquial/familiar]