- 1 (Nautical)balsa (feminine)
almadía (feminine)Example sentences
- It turned out that the chopper was homing in on the emergency locator beacon that activated when the raft was inflated.
- They were taking down our coordinates every 15 minutes in case we got washed under and had to take the rubber raft and jump into our survival suits.
- He and pilot Russell Phillips managed to survive 47 days on a rubber raft with no provisions amidst menacing swarms of sharks.
- [colloquial] (large amount)montón (masculine) [colloquial]pila (feminine) (Latin America) [colloquial]rafts of troublemontones or (Latin America tb) pilas de problemas [colloquial]la tira de problemas [colloquial]Example sentences
- Introduced under the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 2001, the tickets cover a raft of minor public order and anti-social behaviour offences.
- More than 50 employers take part in the Sharrow project which uses a raft of display boards in shops and libraries to advertise details of job opportunities.
- The team has worked hard with police to secure a raft of anti-social behaviour orders in the last year.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.