- (British English) → railroadExample sentences
- Trains running along the busy railway line were halted during the afternoon and evening.
- Fields around Horwich are flooded in places, and all along the railway line to Bolton acres of land are seen under water.
- Highworth Town Council is backing calls for a cycle route along the disused railway line.
- Representatives from the railway network attended a special award ceremony at the Romford Dog Stadium.
- I guess we all knew that the railway network was out of control financially, and riddled with inefficiencies.
- The new Eastern Region will operate and maintain the railway network across one-third of the country.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.