Translation of rainfall in Spanish:
- (amount) precipitaciones (feminine plural); (shower) precipitación (feminine), lluvia (feminine)Example sentences
- The officials said that if the plum rains bring disappointing rainfalls in the south, leaving farmland fallow in the summer would be the only way to prevent drought conditions.
- It is understood, though, that despite the plenitude of the Windhoek area, there are areas which have seen only lightning and experienced the cooling breeze of distant rainfalls.
- Heavy rainfalls which have fallen intermittently in the Maluti and Mount Fletcher areas since Sunday have left vast destruction in their wake.
- Usually areas of high rainfall have a low pH and areas of low rainfall have a high pH.
- The rainfall in the lower areas had not been abnormal and they had no way of knowing of the torrential rains higher up.
- Meyer was interested especially in plants that would flourish in areas of low rainfall.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Spain's literary renaissance, known as the Golden Age (Siglo de Oro/i>), roughly covers the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. It includes the Italian-influenced poetry of figures such as Garcilaso de la Vega; the religious verse of Fray Luis de León, Santa Teresa de Ávila and San Juan de la Cruz; picaresque novels such as the anonymous Lazarillo de Tormes and Quevedo's Buscón; Miguel de Cervantes' immortal Don Quijote; the theater of Lope de Vega, and the ornate poetry of Luis de Góngora.