Translation of ramp in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (slope) entrance o on ramp (American English)exit o off ramp (American English)Example sentences1.2 (on ship, aircraft) (for passengers)
(for vehicles)Example sentences1.3 (platform) 1.4 (hump)
- Michelle rolled my wheelchair up the ramp on the stage, and I got to the microphone.
- The temple rises from the valley floor in three colonnaded terraces connected by ramps.
- They would also like to see the playground levelled and a ramp installed.
(British English)speed ramp → speed bumpExample sentences
- I stumbled up the boarding ramp and entered the code sequence that would open the main hatch for me.
- There was no flying, of course, as the ramps, runways and aircraft were also ice covered.
- They hoist their bags on to the ramp, step up into the back of the aircraft and pass their bags forward to the cargo hold.
- Paddy O'Callaghan said that adults and children were crossing the road on a speed ramp.
- Controversial speed ramps at the Woodstock Service Station in Athy will be lowered.
- If we cannot control this, we're going to have to have ramps on all the roads.
- (British English) [colloquial]Example sentences
- Share ramping is an evil and insidious force within any economy.
- The web may be the future for our finances, but it's also prey for a new, illegal craze, share ramping.
- What's more, their wide spreads makes dealing in penny shares expensive, plus their prices are notoriously volatile and susceptible to ramping.
- 1 (British English) [colloquial] → ramp 2 2
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.