Translation of rampant in Spanish:
- 1 (uncontrolled)(inflation)
desenfrenado(crime)the ivy was running rampant over the garden
endémicola hiedra crecía exuberante por todo el jardíndisease was rampantproliferaban las enfermedadesExample sentences
- Online rumors and misinformation are rampant and can spread like wildfire.
- One of the more insidious invasions of our privacy rights is the rampant spread of drug tests in the American workplace.
- This job, more than any other, has really opened my eyes to just how rampant and unchecked mental illness is these days.
- 2 (in heraldry) (after noun)Example sentences
- The massively arched door, in the style of a portcullis, is defended on either side by rampant lions, petrified in mid-snarl.
- Groups of winged sphinxes and griffins trampling fallen goats alternate with rampant goats and seated griffins.
- Now the dome was restored to its original purple, and the gold rampant horse reared above it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.