Translation of rant in Spanish:
- the old man was ranting (on) about the youth of todayel viejo estaba despotricando contra la juventud de hoyel viejo estaba echando pestes contra la juventud de hoy [colloquial]my father ranted and raved at me for half an hourmi padre me echó un sermón or una perorata de media hora [colloquial]Example sentences
- Among other topics we discussed, she ranted about some of the things my stepdad does that drive her nuts.
- I ranted at length about this in an article published earlier this year in Bermuda's daily newspaper.
- I remember writing a letter to the editor, where I ranted about the state of literature in this country.
- a rant against somethingun sermón en contra de algoun vituperio en contra de algo [formal]to have a rantExample sentences
- He embarks on a rant about a late Evening Standard critic and fiddles with his lighter to calm down.
- As long as their rants were confined to forums and poorly organised rallies, no one really cared.
- As it's already been pointed out, this latest diatribe is even less logical than his previous rants.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.