- 1 uncountable or countable (sexual violation)(of a minor) estupro (masculine)Example sentences
- He first came before the courts on August 4, 1997, charged with rape, unlawful carnal knowledge and incest.
- He faced a possible life sentence if convicted in his retrial on charges of rape, sodomy, burglary and false imprisonment, among others.
- The novel touches on issues of rape, incest, crime, teen pregnancy, adultery and homosexuality.
expoliar [literary]Example sentences
- The men in the front got out and she was then raped by the man in the back.
- A manhunt was launched today after a man raped a woman with cerebral palsy at her care home
- The girl was dragged into the vehicle and taken to a quiet street in East Bierley where one of the men then raped her.
- New highways rape the landscape and soon get as crowded as the old ones.
- This evil soul desires nothing more than to rape the world and to destroy it for its own selfish gains.
- Far from raping the countryside, properly planned and sited they can enhance it.
- uncountable (plant)Example sentences
- They were back in the country, surrounded by fields of bright yellow oilseed rape.
- Now the main income is generated by a simplified system of wheat, barley, oilseed rape and sugar beet.
- Problems facing farmers include the extra costs involved in drying wheat, barley and oilseed rape.
- (grape pulp)orujo (masculine)
bagazo (masculine) de uva
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.