- 1.1 (customer) (American English/inglés norteamericano) cliente (masculine and feminine) de empresa de servicio público; (in (United Kingdom/el Reino Unido) ) contribuyente (masculine and feminine)More example sentences1.2 (taxpayer) (British English/inglés británico) contribuyente (masculine and feminine)
More example sentences
- But residents and ratepayers have been protesting these private takeovers.
- The California Public Utility Commission would also get $89 million in ratepayer money to promote the new scheme, giving utilities a leg up on whatever competition might materialize.
- Residential ratepayers, taxpayers, and employees are thus to bail the industry out of its difficulties.
- This bill is a stunt because the very thing it seeks to stop - significant rate rises for ratepayers - it cannot prevent.
- Elderly ratepayers can apply for rates rebates, and that is also being reviewed.
- Bristol City Council conducted a city-wide referendum of all its ratepayers on council tax options.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Bullfighting is popular in Spain and in Mexico, Colombia, Peru, and Venezuela. For some Spaniards it is crucial to Spanish identity. The season runs from March to October in Spain, from November to March in Latin America.