- 1.1 (customer) (American English/inglés norteamericano) cliente (masculine and feminine) de empresa de servicio público; (in (United Kingdom/el Reino Unido) ) contribuyente (masculine and feminine)More example sentences1.2 (taxpayer) (British English/inglés británico) contribuyente (masculine and feminine)
More example sentences
- But residents and ratepayers have been protesting these private takeovers.
- The California Public Utility Commission would also get $89 million in ratepayer money to promote the new scheme, giving utilities a leg up on whatever competition might materialize.
- Residential ratepayers, taxpayers, and employees are thus to bail the industry out of its difficulties.
- This bill is a stunt because the very thing it seeks to stop - significant rate rises for ratepayers - it cannot prevent.
- Elderly ratepayers can apply for rates rebates, and that is also being reviewed.
- Bristol City Council conducted a city-wide referendum of all its ratepayers on council tax options.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Paro is the name in Spain for both unemployment and unemployment benefit. The period for which paro can be claimed ranges from three months to a year, depending on how long a person has been working. The amount paid decreases over the period of unemployment.