Translation of ratepayer in Spanish:
- 1.1 (customer) (American English/inglés norteamericano) cliente (masculine and feminine) de empresa de servicio público; (in UK) contribuyente (masculine and feminine)Example sentences1.2 (taxpayer) (British English/inglés británico) contribuyente (masculine and feminine)
- But residents and ratepayers have been protesting these private takeovers.
- The California Public Utility Commission would also get $89 million in ratepayer money to promote the new scheme, giving utilities a leg up on whatever competition might materialize.
- Residential ratepayers, taxpayers, and employees are thus to bail the industry out of its difficulties.
- This bill is a stunt because the very thing it seeks to stop - significant rate rises for ratepayers - it cannot prevent.
- Elderly ratepayers can apply for rates rebates, and that is also being reviewed.
- Bristol City Council conducted a city-wide referendum of all its ratepayers on council tax options.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a school that is privately owned but receives a government grant is called a colegio concertado. Parents pay monthly fees, but not as much as in a