Translation of rave in Spanish:
- 1 (talk deliriously)Example sentences
- The Prime Minister raved incoherently: ‘I see myself as the big fat spider in the corner of the room.’
- The Pythia would rave and babble incoherently.
- When he succeeded in waking us up, we had been completely incoherent, raving about caves and pigeons and dark unspeakable evil.
- 2 (talk, write enthusiastically)to rave
aboutsomething/somebodythe critics raved about the new playlos críticos pusieron a la nueva obra por las nubeseverybody's raving about my new haircuta todos les ha encantado mi nuevo corte de peloExample sentences
- That said, nearly all the guests I spoke to raved about their excursions, claiming they were the highlight of their holiday.
- Salthouse had the critics raving about their last album ‘Dream by Day’.
- Critics are already raving about the new Channel Four programme ‘Shameless’, which hits the screen tonight.
- 3 (talk angrily)Example sentences
- Sure, the lyrics are angry, bitter, raving, mad, obscene, and a 1000 other adjectives, but they don't change my opinion.
- He was then standing in the street ranting and raving and my dad asked him to move out the way, and the guy said he would be back.
- Mr Welling said: ‘The defendant telephoned her and he was abusive, ranting and raving.’
- 1 (praise) (before noun) rave reviewscríticas (feminine plural) muy favorablesExample sentences
- And though his realistic and hard-hitting film has won some rave reviews, Tigmanshu is certainly not resting on his laurels.
- Performing at the Cotton Club, the girls won rave reviews from critics.
- It is listed on the Australian and US stock markets and has won rave reviews for its financial performances.
- 2 (British) 2.1 (party)(fiesta con música acid)2.2→ rave-up
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.