- 1 (beam) a ray of hopeun rayo or un resquicio de esperanzahe's a little ray of sunshinees un solExample sentences
- A Camera Obscura is when an inverted image is created by rays of light passing through a pinhole into a dark space.
- Light rays pass through the cornea and the lens and focus on the retina.
- I can't move, I'm so enraptured by the way the last luminous rays of light dance over his glowing skin.
- 2 (line) (Mathematics)Example sentences
- All coding elements redirect light so that no ray, besides the on-axis ray, travels toward the traditional geometric focus point.
- It is always wise to make a sketch of the system, including the ray bundles for the on-axis and off-axis imagery.
- (Zoology)Example sentences
- Participants will dive amidst one of Europe's largest collection of sharks, as well as 2000 other fish, rays and conger eels.
- The freshwater sawfish, a ray, is related to stingrays, skates, sharks, and other fishes with cartilaginous skeletons.
- Whale sharks, manta rays and even grey whales are almost common.