- 1 c and u 1.1 (response) reacción (feminine)reaction
tosth the rash must be a reaction to the drugs el sarpullido debe de ser una reacción a los fármacos what was her reaction to the news? ¿cómo reaccionó or cuál fue su reacción frente a or ante la noticia? her gut reaction was to pull out su reacción instintiva fue echarse atrás after yesterday's rise in interest rates, there was a sharp reaction on Wall Street la subida de los tipos de interés de ayer provocó una fuerte sacudida en Wall Street (before noun/delante del nombre) reaction time tiempo (masculine) de reacciónMore example sentences1.2 [Chemistry/Química] reacción (feminine) chemical/nuclear reaction reacción química/nuclear
More example sentences
- And for an immediate reaction to today's events I think we can speak to Tom Hilton.
- Fifth, anger can be an immediate reaction to an isolated event or it can be a response after numerous events.
- I accept full responsibility for my reaction to a bad situation.
More example sentences
- There are many important industrial processes that use electrophilic reactions.
- By contrast, making Kevlar involves a complex series of organic reactions in hot sulphuric acid at high pressures.
- More to the point, it has facilitated many reactions that depend upon acetic acid as a reagent or solvent.
- Furthermore, the compound nuclei produced in cold-fusion reactions contain a relatively small number of neutrons.
- It studies the structure of nuclei, and their reactions and interactions.
- They're produced during nuclear fusion, the reaction that lights the sun and other stars.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable [Politics/Política] [pejorative/peyorativo] reacción (feminine) [pejorative/peyorativo] the forces of reaction las fuerzas reaccionarias or de la reacción [pejorative/peyorativo]More example sentences
- It is no coincidence that this development has occurred during a period of deepening social and political reaction.
- This process of social and political reaction cannot be adequately explained as the result of the evil intentions of one or another president.
- American politics has assumed the form of a sweeping social reaction, aimed at overturning the reformist legacy of the New Deal.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.