Translation of reactionary in Spanish:
- [pejorative]Example sentences
- It is a highly political ruling with reactionary consequences for both asylum-seekers and democratic rights as a whole.
- To make matters even worse, a Democratic president, Buchanan, gave his political support to these reactionary efforts.
- In a professional army, the extent of deeply reactionary political sentiment is far greater.
noun plural -ries
- [pejorative]reaccionario, (-ria) (masculine, feminine) [pejorative]Example sentences
- The lesson of the story was that from a long-term point of view, all reactionaries are paper tigers.
- He is an opportunist and a power hungry reactionary, I don't even see him ‘liberalising’ the economy.
- No mere reactionary, Schwartz was also interested in and informed about contemporary art that might look very different from his own.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.