Translation of reading in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable 1.1 (material) See examples: I like light readingthis book makes good/interesting readingme gusta leer cosas fáciles y amenasit's easy readingeste libro es muy ameno/interesante1.2 (study) a person of wide readinges fácil de leerfrom my reading, I developed an interest in Indiauna persona de amplia cultura or muy leídaa través de mis lecturas empecé a interesarme por la India
- 2 2.1 uncountable (activity, skill) Johnny's reading is coming along nicelythey gathered for the reading of the willJohnny lee cada vez mejorse reunieron para dar lectura al testamento(before noun) (glasses)she has a reading age of 10para leerde lecturareading grouplee al nivel de un niño de 10 añosreading lampgrupo (masculine) de lecturareading lightlámpara (feminine) portátilthe reading publicluz (feminine) de lectura2.2 countable (event) See examples: poetry readingel público lectorlos lectores2.3 countable (passage)recital (masculine) de poesíaExample sentences
- The combined choirs will sing the traditional carols of the Christmas season and in addition there will be readings from Sacred Scripture.
- There are many ways, but today let's focus on two, both of which are related to the Scripture readings we will hear at Mass.
- Each service includes short scripture readings, petitions regarding mourning, suggestions for reflection, and room for journaling.
- More than just reading skills are impaired, you can count on it.
- A country of ten-year-olds should concentrate on their reading and comprehension skills.
- His reading and writing skills have also dramatically changed.
- 3 countable (on dial, gauge) the other thermometer gave a higher readingto take a reading of somethingel otro termómetro marcaba una temperatura or daba una lectura más altaleer algover cuánto marca algoExample sentences
- To reduce measurement error, this instrument takes three readings and computes an average.
- If there is a large discrepancy between the water meter readings and the amount of water shown on the bill, a specialist is sent to investigate the problem.
- Even frequent meter readings provided information about energy use after the fact, not allowing actions to be taken to reduce energy use or energy demand.
- 4 countable (Politics) the bill has its second reading tomorrowmañana se debatirá por segunda vez el proyecto de leyExample sentences
- This bill still awaits the final reading and approval by Parliament.
- Parliament approved their final reading on April 3 after much controversy.
- It must pass two more readings in coming weeks before it is final.
- 5 countable (interpretation) what's your reading of the situation?¿cómo interpreta or cómo ve usted la situación?Example sentences
- It won't be a perfect fit, any more than modern feminist readings of the Bible are a perfect fit, but it will do for the time being.
- McLeish believes it is the combination of strength, skill and also his reading of the game which makes him so difficult to play against.
- He isn't as fast as Cole, but has tremendous skill and reading of the game.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.