Translation of reading in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable/no numerable 1.1 (material) I like light reading me gusta leer cosas fáciles y amenas this book makes good/interesting reading este libro es muy ameno/interesante it's easy reading es fácil de leer 1.2 (study) lectura (feminine) a person of wide reading una persona de amplia cultura or muy leída from my reading, I developed an interest in India a través de mis lecturas empecé a interesarme por la India
- 2 2.1 uncountable/no numerable (activity, skill) lectura (feminine) Johnny's reading is coming along nicely Johnny lee cada vez mejor they gathered for the reading of the will se reunieron para dar lectura al testamento (before noun/delante del nombre) [glasses] para leer, de lectura she has a reading age of 10 lee al nivel de un niño de 10 años reading group grupo (masculine) de lectura reading lamp lámpara (feminine) portátil reading light luz (feminine) de lectura the reading public el público lector, los lectores 2.2 countable/numerable (event) poetry reading recital (masculine) de poesía 2.3 countable/numerable (passage) lectura (feminine)Example sentences
- The combined choirs will sing the traditional carols of the Christmas season and in addition there will be readings from Sacred Scripture.
- There are many ways, but today let's focus on two, both of which are related to the Scripture readings we will hear at Mass.
- Each service includes short scripture readings, petitions regarding mourning, suggestions for reflection, and room for journaling.
- More than just reading skills are impaired, you can count on it.
- A country of ten-year-olds should concentrate on their reading and comprehension skills.
- His reading and writing skills have also dramatically changed.
- 3 countable/numerable (on dial, gauge) lectura (feminine) the other thermometer gave a higher reading el otro termómetro marcaba una temperatura or daba una lectura más alta to take a reading of sth leer* algo, ver* cuánto marca algoExample sentences
- To reduce measurement error, this instrument takes three readings and computes an average.
- If there is a large discrepancy between the water meter readings and the amount of water shown on the bill, a specialist is sent to investigate the problem.
- Even frequent meter readings provided information about energy use after the fact, not allowing actions to be taken to reduce energy use or energy demand.
- 4 countable/numerable [Politics/Política] presentación (feminine) the bill has its second reading tomorrow mañana se debatirá por segunda vez el proyecto de leyExample sentences
- This bill still awaits the final reading and approval by Parliament.
- Parliament approved their final reading on April 3 after much controversy.
- It must pass two more readings in coming weeks before it is final.
- 5 countable/numerable (interpretation) lectura (feminine), interpretación (feminine) what's your reading of the situation? ¿cómo interpreta or cómo ve usted la situación?Example sentences
- It won't be a perfect fit, any more than modern feminist readings of the Bible are a perfect fit, but it will do for the time being.
- McLeish believes it is the combination of strength, skill and also his reading of the game which makes him so difficult to play against.
- He isn't as fast as Cole, but has tremendous skill and reading of the game.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.