Translation of reading in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable 1.1 (material) I like light readingme gusta leer cosas fáciles y amenasthis book makes good/interesting readingeste libro es muy ameno/interesanteit's easy readinges fácil de leer1.2 (study) a person of wide readinguna persona de amplia cultura or muy leídafrom my reading, I developed an interest in Indiaa través de mis lecturas empecé a interesarme por la India
- 2 2.1 uncountable (activity, skill) Johnny's reading is coming along nicelyJohnny lee cada vez mejorthey gathered for the reading of the willse reunieron para dar lectura al testamento(before noun) (glasses)she has a reading age of 10
de lecturalee al nivel de un niño de 10 añosreading groupgrupo (masculine) de lecturareading lamplámpara (feminine) portátilreading lightluz (feminine) de lecturathe reading publicel público lector2.2 countable (event) poetry reading
los lectoresrecital (masculine) de poesía2.3 countable (passage)Example sentences
- The combined choirs will sing the traditional carols of the Christmas season and in addition there will be readings from Sacred Scripture.
- There are many ways, but today let's focus on two, both of which are related to the Scripture readings we will hear at Mass.
- Each service includes short scripture readings, petitions regarding mourning, suggestions for reflection, and room for journaling.
- More than just reading skills are impaired, you can count on it.
- A country of ten-year-olds should concentrate on their reading and comprehension skills.
- His reading and writing skills have also dramatically changed.
- 3 countable (on dial, gauge) the other thermometer gave a higher readingel otro termómetro marcaba una temperatura or daba una lectura más altato take a reading of somethingleer algo
ver cuánto marca algoExample sentences
- To reduce measurement error, this instrument takes three readings and computes an average.
- If there is a large discrepancy between the water meter readings and the amount of water shown on the bill, a specialist is sent to investigate the problem.
- Even frequent meter readings provided information about energy use after the fact, not allowing actions to be taken to reduce energy use or energy demand.
- 4 countable (Politics) the bill has its second reading tomorrowmañana se debatirá por segunda vez el proyecto de leyExample sentences
- This bill still awaits the final reading and approval by Parliament.
- Parliament approved their final reading on April 3 after much controversy.
- It must pass two more readings in coming weeks before it is final.
- 5 countable (interpretation) what's your reading of the situation?¿cómo interpreta or cómo ve usted la situación?Example sentences
- It won't be a perfect fit, any more than modern feminist readings of the Bible are a perfect fit, but it will do for the time being.
- McLeish believes it is the combination of strength, skill and also his reading of the game which makes him so difficult to play against.
- He isn't as fast as Cole, but has tremendous skill and reading of the game.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.