Translation of realize in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 1.1 (become aware of) darse* cuenta de, comprender, caer* en la cuenta de she realized (that) … se dio cuenta de que …, comprendió que … I realized who he was/what he wanted me di cuenta de or comprendí quién era/qué quería 1.2 (know, be aware of) saber*, darse* cuenta de I didn't realize he was her brother no me había dado cuenta de or no sabía que era su hermano do you realize what time it is? ¿tú te das cuenta de or tú sabes la hora que es? I realize it's expensive, but it's worth it reconozco que es caro, pero vale la penaExample sentences
- Until I went through the episode reviews, I didn't fully understand or realize the deep flaws in the writing.
- In fact, not until my maturity did I fully realise the meaning of commitment and responsibility.
- Without our realizing it, these facts have profoundly changed.
- 2 (achieve) [ambition] hacer* realidad; [potential] desarrollar; [plan] llevar a caboExample sentences
- But he is confident that Everton have the potential to help him realise that ambition.
- For Holmes, that great double has now been realised - an achievement that is multiplied many times by that rare league of athletes within whose ranks she now stands.
- His desire to realize Henry VIII's plan to subdue French influence in Scotland and achieve the union of the Crowns became an obsession.
- 3 3.1 (achieve) [profit] producir* 3.2 (turn into cash) [assets] realizar*Example sentences
- To be successful, though, venture capitalists need to realise their investments regularly.
- As at 18 December, 2001, the company had realised many of its assets and satisfied most of its debts.
- The report states that all assets have been realised pursuant to the confiscation order.
- If he had done so, a profit would have been realised on all three transactions.
- Each new project is financed by the profit realised by selling the last.
- Last April, the group sold a property, realising a profit of €1.5 million.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.