Translation of reassurance in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (feeling) See examples: he drew reassurance from his wife's wordslo que le dijo su mujer lo confortó or lo tranquilizóExample sentences1.2 countable or uncountable (words, support) See examples: he gave us countless reassurances that there would be no danger
his reassurances failed to lessen her anxietynos tranquilizó asegurándonos repetidamente que no habría peligroshe needs constant reassurance of your lovesus palabras tranquilizadoras nos consiguieron disminuir su angustianecesita que constantemente le demuestres tu amorExample sentences
- She has had trouble with her back and was tearful with relief after the comforting reassurance meted out by her principal and tutors.
- My children gain comfort and reassurance from me in exactly that tableau.
- To pre-empt that process by false praise or empty reassurance is not to further the growth of the individual but to cripple it.
- Unfortunately, I doubt whether such reassurances will silence the critics.
- Notice that his reassurances about her doubts initially take the form of a warning about the dangers of narrative.
- Despite constant reassurances to the director on the proposed sale, commercial negotiations have yet to be completed by the company.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.