- 1 (allay anxiety) tranquilizar* he tried to reassure them that all was in order trató de tranquilizarlos asegurándoles que todo estaba bien she felt reassured by his presence su presencia la tranquilizó he was reassured to hear his father's voice se sintió más tranquilo al oír la voz de su padreto reassure sb
ofsth she reassured him of her affection for him le aseguró que lo quería the letter reassured me of his loyalty la carta me dejó convencido de su lealtadMore example sentences
- He nods at me then I smile, as if reassuring him that I will never do that again.
- Her smile reassures David the outfit he chose was a wise decision.
- Alex reassured him with a smile, and then lifted the laughing child into his arms.
- 2 [Finance/Finanzas] reasegurar
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Chile (Día de la Independencia)