Translation of rebel in Spanish:
- 1.1 (dissident) rebelde (masculine and feminine); (before noun/delante del nombre) [forces/army] rebelde the rebel leader el cabecilla rebeldeExample sentences1.2 (nonconformist) rebelde (masculine and feminine) he's a bit of a rebel es algo rebelde
- This date marks the 200th Anniversary to the very day when the rebel leader ended his resistance and walked through the gates of Humewood and into captivity.
- Forked story paths in the beginning allow you to choose between siding with the armed rebels in resistance or the Soviets in appeasement.
- However, during the truce, the party's militia would respond with force in the event it came under attack from government security forces, the rebel leader said.
- Power is hierarchical; the rebel challenges authority, presumes to be the defiant equal of his creator or of his king, and is convinced that his stubbornness will redeem him.
- The idea that children are natural rebels who reject convention and prefer a state of anarchy is bunk.
- Jude is a tour de force, a refashioned version of the Jewish mother as a bohemian, a rebel against convention who critiques mainstream culture.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo (-ll-)/rɪˈbel/
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.