Translation of rebellious in Spanish:
- 1.1 [troops/province] rebelde, insurrectoExample sentences1.2 [senator] rebelde; [sentiment/speech] de rebeldía
Example sentences1.3 [child/nature] rebelde, díscolo
- For much of the latter half of the 20th century, starting in the rebellious 1960s, the established order was suspect.
- His own ancestor had put down one of the rebellious leaders.
- The longstanding and canny leader of this rebellious crew is set to step down this summer.
- This model is rebellious and fearful of authority as a vehicle of control.
- There will always be rebellious elements, challenging authority, pushing it as far as it can be pushed.
- Maintaining that they had at least struggled to suppress their own rebellious desires, they would not countenance their daughter's refusal to do the same.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the