transitive verb/verbo transitivo (past tense & past participle/pasado y participio pasado recast)
- 1 1.1 [bell/canon] refundirMore example sentences1.2 [formal] [sentence/paragraph] volver* a escribir or redactar; [system/project] reestructurar
More example sentences
- This metal would be recast into additional cannon.
- He had achieved his object by sawing the bars into irregular pieces, collecting the sawdust in tough, plastic bags and melting and recasting some of the pieces as cubes in obviously home-made moulds.
- The bell was melted down and recast, then rung carefully for special events.
- The Algerian experience led the French government to recast its African presence in terms of a new political role.
- It was a knowledge that would allow him to impose a true revolution upon the generals and to recast the entire structure of the armed forces.
- Before his present comical manoeuvrings, he had made a series of thoughtful speeches on how Britishness could be recast for modern times, an issue of importance to unionists in every part of the UK.
- 2 [Theater/Teatro] the play has been recast le han cambiado el reparto or el elenco a la obra, la obra tiene un nuevo reparto or elenco the part was recast le dieron el papel a otro actor the major roles have been recast han cambiado a los actores de los papeles principalesMore example sentences
- These are the two most significant changes to the new version, and they completely recast the film, I remember the first film as cold, brutal, and ugly, but the new version has been significantly changed in other respects.
- Now it's been recast with African-American actors and remade as Love Don't Cost a Thing.
- Television has intervened, of course, but you could still recast the popular soaps each week and still not make much of a dent in the Equity dole queue.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.