Translation of recast in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (past tense & past participle/pasado y participio pasado recast)
- 1 1.1 [bell/canon] refundirExample sentences1.2 [formal] [sentence/paragraph] volver* a escribir or redactar; [system/project] reestructurar
- This metal would be recast into additional cannon.
- He had achieved his object by sawing the bars into irregular pieces, collecting the sawdust in tough, plastic bags and melting and recasting some of the pieces as cubes in obviously home-made moulds.
- The bell was melted down and recast, then rung carefully for special events.
- The Algerian experience led the French government to recast its African presence in terms of a new political role.
- It was a knowledge that would allow him to impose a true revolution upon the generals and to recast the entire structure of the armed forces.
- Before his present comical manoeuvrings, he had made a series of thoughtful speeches on how Britishness could be recast for modern times, an issue of importance to unionists in every part of the UK.
- 2 [Theater/Teatro] the play has been recast le han cambiado el reparto or el elenco a la obra, la obra tiene un nuevo reparto or elenco the part was recast le dieron el papel a otro actor the major roles have been recast han cambiado a los actores de los papeles principalesExample sentences
- These are the two most significant changes to the new version, and they completely recast the film, I remember the first film as cold, brutal, and ugly, but the new version has been significantly changed in other respects.
- Now it's been recast with African-American actors and remade as Love Don't Cost a Thing.
- Television has intervened, of course, but you could still recast the popular soaps each week and still not make much of a dent in the Equity dole queue.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.