Translation of recede in Spanish:
- 1 (move back)(tide)to recede from view
retirarseir perdiéndose de vistaas we drove away, the mountains receded into the distancea medida que nos alejábamos, las montañas se iban perdiendo en la distanciahis hair was beginning to recedeya tenía entradasExample sentences
- But yesterday villagers chose to party and have a good time, as they could do nothing more than wait until the flood waters had receded.
- Flood waters are receding in some parts of the Midwest, but still rising in others.
- I heard her voice recede as her mouth moved farther from the phone.
- 2 (become less likely)(danger)
- People who were hanging on in the hope of benefiting from a cash injection of some kind have seen that possibility recede with the failure of these actions.
- The cost of fixed-rate mortgages is coming down as the threat of a rise in interest rates recedes - and that's good news for the many thousands of borrowers who are coming to the end of a cheap fixed deal.
- But with each fresh act of violence, that hope recedes.
- 3also: receding present participle(chin)he has a receding hairline
hundidotiene entradasExample sentences
- Use a beard to minimize a soft or receding or overly prominent chin.
- Few people realize that a receding chin is quite easily amenable to corrective surgery.
- You might be self-conscious about a feature such as a receding chin or a large nose, which makes the face look unbalanced, or maybe mother nature simply didn't give you quite what you wanted.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.