- 1.1 (container) [formal] recipiente (m), receptáculo (m)More example sentences1.2 [Botany/Botánica] receptáculo (masculine)
More example sentences
- I have heard and read time and again the advice that parents should not let their children simply be passive receptacles for what streams out of the television set, but discuss with them what they are seeing and have seen.
- Giant jerry cans turn into receptacles for rainwater harvesting.
- He is no Richard Dawkins, gleefully machine-gunning religion while crying that we are merely receptacles for our genes.
- The strawberry you eat isn't really a fruit at all, but the enlarged receptacle of the flower - a member of the rose family.
- Deer remove the whole flower or the full complement of follicles plus the receptacle, leaving only the cut pedicel.
- Petal length was measured as the length of the petal from its apex to its adaxial junction with the receptacle.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Palacio de Oriente, also known as the Palacio Real, is the official residence of the Spanish Royal Family. The Royal Family now lives in the Palacio de la Zarzuela, on the outskirts of Madrid.