Translation of receptacle in Spanish:
- 1.1 (container) [formal]Example sentences1.2 (Botany)
- I have heard and read time and again the advice that parents should not let their children simply be passive receptacles for what streams out of the television set, but discuss with them what they are seeing and have seen.
- Giant jerry cans turn into receptacles for rainwater harvesting.
- He is no Richard Dawkins, gleefully machine-gunning religion while crying that we are merely receptacles for our genes.
- The strawberry you eat isn't really a fruit at all, but the enlarged receptacle of the flower - a member of the rose family.
- Deer remove the whole flower or the full complement of follicles plus the receptacle, leaving only the cut pedicel.
- Petal length was measured as the length of the petal from its apex to its adaxial junction with the receptacle.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.