Translation of reception in Spanish:
- 1 (response, reaction) (no plural) what sort of reception did you get?the project/book had a favorable reception¿qué tal te recibieron?el proyecto/libro tuvo una acogida favorable or fue bien recibidoExample sentences
- Motorists in York gave Government plans to introduce ‘pay as you drive’ charges a lukewarm reception.
- Plans for the Commonhead flyover and Blunsdon bypass were given a lukewarm reception when they were unveiled yesterday.
- But his comments were given a lukewarm reception by his fellow priests.
- 2 uncountable (admission) [formal]reception
intosomething(before noun) reception center o (British English) centre reception class (British English)admisión (feminine) enalgoreception committeeprimer año (masculine)(de un parvulario)comité (masculine) de bienvenida or recepciónExample sentences
- For a long time he has been a regular worshipper at Mass with his family and in recent months he has been following a programme of formation to prepare for his reception into full communion.
- On reception into prison, the man gave an address in Leicester, where he said he had been living with an unnamed friend.
- The priest shall be known as a Postulant until his reception into the Fraternity.
- 3 (in hotel, office) (no article) leave your key at o in receptiondeje la llave en (la) recepciónExample sentences
- A large pink panther, a yellow and green felt parrot hanging from the ceiling and a blue-and-white teddy greet visitors at the reception desk.
- Original art goes everywhere in the hotel, from the reception desk to the guest rooms.
- It is a trauma hospital complete with the sights and sounds of a reception area dealing with all manner of emergencies.
- 4 countable (social event)Example sentences
- It comes amid growing anger about the year-round use of fireworks which now light up the sky to mark the New Year, wedding receptions, birthday celebrations and during religious, sporting and other festivals.
- It is available for hire for wedding receptions and other events.
- They also make for an attractive setting for special events such as wedding receptions.
- 5 uncountable (Radio, Television)Example sentences
- However, digital radio technology is still rather hit and miss, and some small sets struggle to deliver decent sound quality because of poor reception, so try to listen before buying.
- The other controls work well, though lovers of British premiership football will hate the poor reception on MW radio stations such as BBC Five Live.
- Digital radio broadcasting offers the potential for vast improvements in signal quality and reception.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the