- 1 (response, reaction) (no plural/sin plural) recibimiento (masculine), acogida (feminine) what sort of reception did you get? ¿qué tal te recibieron? the project/book had a favorable reception el proyecto/libro tuvo una acogida favorable or fue bien recibidoMore example sentences
- Motorists in York gave Government plans to introduce ‘pay as you drive’ charges a lukewarm reception.
- Plans for the Commonhead flyover and Blunsdon bypass were given a lukewarm reception when they were unveiled yesterday.
- But his comments were given a lukewarm reception by his fellow priests.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (admission) [formal] reception
intosth admisión (feminine) enalgo (before noun/delante del nombre) reception center o (British English/inglés británico) centre centro (masculine) de acogida reception class (British English/inglés británico) primer año (masculine) (de un parvulario) reception committee comité (masculine) de bienvenida or recepciónMore example sentences
- For a long time he has been a regular worshipper at Mass with his family and in recent months he has been following a programme of formation to prepare for his reception into full communion.
- On reception into prison, the man gave an address in Leicester, where he said he had been living with an unnamed friend.
- The priest shall be known as a Postulant until his reception into the Fraternity.
- 3 (in hotel, office) (no article/sin artículo) recepción (feminine) leave your key at o in reception deje la llave en (la) recepción (before noun/delante del nombre) reception desk recepción (feminine)More example sentences
- A large pink panther, a yellow and green felt parrot hanging from the ceiling and a blue-and-white teddy greet visitors at the reception desk.
- Original art goes everywhere in the hotel, from the reception desk to the guest rooms.
- It is a trauma hospital complete with the sights and sounds of a reception area dealing with all manner of emergencies.
- 4 countable/numerable (social event) recepción (feminine)More example sentences
- It comes amid growing anger about the year-round use of fireworks which now light up the sky to mark the New Year, wedding receptions, birthday celebrations and during religious, sporting and other festivals.
- It is available for hire for wedding receptions and other events.
- They also make for an attractive setting for special events such as wedding receptions.
- 5 uncountable/no numerable [Radio] [Television/Televisión] recepción (feminine)More example sentences
- However, digital radio technology is still rather hit and miss, and some small sets struggle to deliver decent sound quality because of poor reception, so try to listen before buying.
- The other controls work well, though lovers of British premiership football will hate the poor reception on MW radio stations such as BBC Five Live.
- Digital radio broadcasting offers the potential for vast improvements in signal quality and reception.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mossos d'Esquadra is the name of the police force of the Catalan autonomous region. It has a wide range of responsibilities but the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional also operate in Catalonia.