Translation of recession in Spanish:
- 1.1 c and u [Economics/Economía] recesión (feminine) to go into recession entrar en recesiónExample sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (receding) [formal] retroceso (masculine)
- Economic recessions are predominantly the result of insufficient demand.
- This obviously buoys the market in good times and smooths its falls in recessions.
- As political economists have always emphasised, periodic recessions are endemic to capitalism.
- The expansion of the Universe is described by a very simple equation called Hubble's law; the velocity of the recession of a galaxy is equal to a constant times its distance.
- In 1842 Doppler proved that the colour of a luminous body, like the pitch or note of a sounding body, must be changed by velocity of approach or recession.
- The velocity of recession is proportional to the distance from us.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the