- 1.1 countable or uncountable/numerable o no numerable [Economics/Economía] recesión (feminine) to go into recession entrar en recesiónMore example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (receding) [formal] retroceso (masculine)
More example sentences
- Economic recessions are predominantly the result of insufficient demand.
- This obviously buoys the market in good times and smooths its falls in recessions.
- As political economists have always emphasised, periodic recessions are endemic to capitalism.
- The expansion of the Universe is described by a very simple equation called Hubble's law; the velocity of the recession of a galaxy is equal to a constant times its distance.
- In 1842 Doppler proved that the colour of a luminous body, like the pitch or note of a sounding body, must be changed by velocity of approach or recession.
- The velocity of recession is proportional to the distance from us.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Chile (Día de la Independencia)