- 1.1 c u [Econ] recesión (f) to go into recession entrar en recesiónMore example sentences1.2 u (receding) [formal] retroceso (m)
More example sentences
- Economic recessions are predominantly the result of insufficient demand.
- This obviously buoys the market in good times and smooths its falls in recessions.
- As political economists have always emphasised, periodic recessions are endemic to capitalism.
- The expansion of the Universe is described by a very simple equation called Hubble's law; the velocity of the recession of a galaxy is equal to a constant times its distance.
- In 1842 Doppler proved that the colour of a luminous body, like the pitch or note of a sounding body, must be changed by velocity of approach or recession.
- The velocity of recession is proportional to the distance from us.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Today is Fiesta de Santiago (St James' Day). The famous Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage of thousands of people from all over Spain and many other parts of Europe to the holy city of Santiago de Compostela, takes place in the week leading up to St James' Day, 25 July. The city also has its fiestas around this time. The streets are full of musicians and performers for two weeks of celebrations culminating in the Festival del Apóstol.