- 1.1 countable or uncountable/numerable o no numerable [Economics/Economía] recesión (feminine) to go into recession entrar en recesiónMore example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (receding) [formal] retroceso (masculine)
More example sentences
- Economic recessions are predominantly the result of insufficient demand.
- This obviously buoys the market in good times and smooths its falls in recessions.
- As political economists have always emphasised, periodic recessions are endemic to capitalism.
- The expansion of the Universe is described by a very simple equation called Hubble's law; the velocity of the recession of a galaxy is equal to a constant times its distance.
- In 1842 Doppler proved that the colour of a luminous body, like the pitch or note of a sounding body, must be changed by velocity of approach or recession.
- The velocity of recession is proportional to the distance from us.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Pulque is a thick, white, Mexican alcoholic drink made from fermented maguey juice; the sacred drink of the Aztecs. It is drunk without being aged, sometimes with added fruit or vegetable juice. Pulquerías are bars where it is drunk.