- 1.1 (lean back) recostarse*, reclinarse; (rest) apoyarse to recline
againststh apoyarse enalgo, reclinarse contraalgoMore example sentences1.2 [chair/backrest] reclinarse 1.3
(reclining pres p)[chair/seat] reclinable, abatible; [figure] yacente [literario/literary], recostado
- Rita leaned back and reclined in the backseat of the black luxury car that was taking her to her new home, which to Rita, was really a prison.
- The garden was perfect for strolling, but rather too formal for reclining, sprawling or lounging in the bright spring sunshine.
- A figure playing Neptune reclines on a sail-covered chest, a trident in hand and a merman by his side.
- 1.1 (lean) [body/back] reclinar 1.2 [chair/backrest] reclinar, abatirMore example sentences
- He decided to stay in the power chair because the seat reclines.
- The seats reclined fully so that they turned into beds, and there was enough space for you not to have to worry about the person behind you getting annoyed because your reclining seat was resting on their knees.
- Because of the emergency exit, my seat did not recline!
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Catalán is the language of Catalonia. Like Castilian, Catalan is a Romance language. Variants of it include mallorquín of the Balearic Islands and valenciano spoken in the autonomous region of Valencia.