- (remember) I can recollect him vaguelyI don't recollect seeing them therelo recuerdo vagamenteno recuerdo haberlos visto allíExample sentences
- She discovered that it was possible to wake up weeping, crushed by grief even before her conscious mind could recollect the source of the pain.
- He racked his mind to recollect the whole conversation - then he got it.
- She has told the tribunal she recollects the meeting and recalls that most of her Cabinet colleagues were there.
- (thoughts)he recollected himself and was able to continuerecobró la compostura y pudo continuarExample sentences
- She had needed to take a break from her tale for a moment to recollect herself, and bring her mind back to reality for a moment.
- It's a time of sadness and grieving and recollecting yourself and trying to keep a center.
- ‘It's getting late, Fred,’ he said, suddenly recollecting himself.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.