- 1 (remember) recordar* I can recollect him vaguely lo recuerdo vagamente I don't recollect seeing them there no recuerdo haberlos visto allíMore example sentences
- She discovered that it was possible to wake up weeping, crushed by grief even before her conscious mind could recollect the source of the pain.
- He racked his mind to recollect the whole conversation - then he got it.
- She has told the tribunal she recollects the meeting and recalls that most of her Cabinet colleagues were there.
- 2 [thoughts] ordenar he recollected himself and was able to continue recobró la compostura y pudo continuarMore example sentences
- She had needed to take a break from her tale for a moment to recollect herself, and bring her mind back to reality for a moment.
- It's a time of sadness and grieving and recollecting yourself and trying to keep a center.
- ‘It's getting late, Fred,’ he said, suddenly recollecting himself.
- recordar* as far as I can recollect que yo recuerde
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The deck of cards used in Spain is called the baraja francesa. The four suits are oros, copas, espadas, and bastos, corresponding to diamonds, hearts, spades, and clubs. Each suit has nine numbered cards and three face cards - jack (sota), knight, and king. There is no queen.