- 1.1 (praise, declare acceptable) recomendar* the painkiller doctors recommend el analgésico que recomiendan los médicos would you recommend him for the job? ¿lo recomendaría para el puesto? what do you recommend? ¿qué (me) recomienda? I recommended the play to my parents les recomendé la obra a mis padres the play has little/nothing to recommend it la obra tiene poco/no tiene nada que se pueda recomendarMore example sentences1.2 (advise) to recommend sth/
- She was recommended to us by one of her friends, who also minded our children.
- I know the practice has worked for a lot of people, and it was highly recommended to me.
- It is recommended to anyone with an interest in the Second World War or the American Army.
-ingaconsejar or recomendar* algo/+ infinitive/infinitivoit's not to be recommended no es nada aconsejable or recomendable recommended dosage dosis (f) recomendada (on label) posología (f) recommended price precio (masculine) de venta recomendado recommended reading lecturas (feminine plural) recomendadasMore example sentences1.3 (commit) [literary/literario] to recommend sth/sb
- A report recommends members urge the Post Office to keep the branch open saying it provides a vital service for residents who may have problems accessing the main post office in the town centre.
- Now a York Council working party is recommending demolition and suggests the land could be landscaped or used for affordable homes.
- But the report also recommends the abolition of call-out charges for things like chimney fires.
tosb encomendar(le)* algo/algn aalgn he recommended his soul to God (le) encomendó su alma a DiosMore example sentences
- His critique of the corporatization of politics has much to recommend it.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Basque autonomous police force is called Ertzaintza. Its members, called ertzainas, wear a uniform of red sweaters and berets, and white jackets. Despite the Ertzaintza's wide range of responsibilities, the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional still operate in the Basque Country.