Translation of recommend in Spanish:
- 1 (praise, declare acceptable) the painkiller doctors recommendel analgésico que recomiendan los médicoswould you recommend him for the job?¿lo recomendaría para el puesto?what do you recommend?¿qué (me) recomienda?I recommended the play to my parentsles recomendé la obra a mis padresthe play has little/nothing to recommend itla obra tiene poco/no tiene nada que se pueda recomendarExample sentences
- She was recommended to us by one of her friends, who also minded our children.
- I know the practice has worked for a lot of people, and it was highly recommended to me.
- It is recommended to anyone with an interest in the Second World War or the American Army.
- 2 (advise)to recommend something/
-ingaconsejar or recomendar algo/+it's not to be recommended infinitiveno es nada aconsejable or recomendablerecommended dosagedosis (feminine) recomendada(on label) posología (feminine)recommended priceprecio (masculine) de venta recomendadorecommended readinglecturas (feminine plural) recomendadasExample sentences
- A report recommends members urge the Post Office to keep the branch open saying it provides a vital service for residents who may have problems accessing the main post office in the town centre.
- Now a York Council working party is recommending demolition and suggests the land could be landscaped or used for affordable homes.
- But the report also recommends the abolition of call-out charges for things like chimney fires.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.