Translation of recommend in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (praise, declare acceptable) recomendar* the painkiller doctors recommend el analgésico que recomiendan los médicos would you recommend him for the job? ¿lo recomendaría para el puesto? what do you recommend? ¿qué (me) recomienda? I recommended the play to my parents les recomendé la obra a mis padres the play has little/nothing to recommend it la obra tiene poco/no tiene nada que se pueda recomendarExample sentences1.2 (advise) to recommend sth/
- She was recommended to us by one of her friends, who also minded our children.
- I know the practice has worked for a lot of people, and it was highly recommended to me.
- It is recommended to anyone with an interest in the Second World War or the American Army.
-ingaconsejar or recomendar* algo/+ infinitive/infinitivoit's not to be recommended no es nada aconsejable or recomendable recommended dosage dosis (feminine) recomendada (on label) posología (feminine) recommended price precio (masculine) de venta recomendado recommended reading lecturas (feminine plural) recomendadasExample sentences1.3 (commit) [literary/literario] to recommend sth/sb
- A report recommends members urge the Post Office to keep the branch open saying it provides a vital service for residents who may have problems accessing the main post office in the town centre.
- Now a York Council working party is recommending demolition and suggests the land could be landscaped or used for affordable homes.
- But the report also recommends the abolition of call-out charges for things like chimney fires.
tosb encomendar(le)* algo/algn aalgn he recommended his soul to God (le) encomendó su alma a DiosExample sentences
- His critique of the corporatization of politics has much to recommend it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.