Translation of recover in Spanish:
- 1 (regain)(investment/position/lead)to recover one's composure
recuperarrecobrar la composturahe was on the point of losing his temper, but recovered himselfestuvo a punto de perder los estribos, pero se contuvoExample sentences
- When Maisie had recovered herself, she said, ‘You will inform the priest, of course.’
- It took a moment for John to recover himself after saying this.
- She licked her lips nervously before recovering herself.
- Furthermore the fact that the repair work has been carried out will mean that you may not be able to recover the legal costs incurred in recovering compensation.
- Under the mortgage, the mortgagee is entitled to recover her legal fees as between solicitor and client.
- The law allowing plaintiffs to recover legal fees in advocacy lawsuits has been on the books for a long time.
- 2 (retrieve) the black box was recovered from the wreckagela caja negra fue rescatada de los restos del avión siniestradoExample sentences
- In addition to the vandalism, some stolen property was recovered from one of the three men.
- Data recovery efforts are, therefore, required to recover the lost transactions and data.
- The bill will make it harder for criminals to dispose of stolen goods, and it will make it easier for the police to recover stolen goods and solve property crimes.
- 3 (reclaim)(metal/glass/paper)
- When alkyl hydrogen sulfates are added to water, sulfuric acid is recovered and the product obtained from the alkene is an alcohol.
- Secondary alcohols can be readily recovered from ketones by breaking the double bond between the oxygen and carbon and adding hydrogen.
- What about treatment of minerals recovered from the land?
- 1 (from ill health, undesirable situation)to recover (
fromsomething)reponerse or restablecerse or recuperarse ( dealgo)Example sentences
- The walks will be suitable for everyone, and especially for those who take little exercise or are recovering from health problems.
- After his health recovered he returned to Oxford and in 1849 was awarded a double first in mathematics and classics.
- As for Sally, she recovered and soon returned to her old self, never again mentioning what had happened.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.