n (pl -ries)
- 1 c u 1.1 (return to health) recuperación (f), restablecimiento (m) [formal] she made a quick recovery se recuperó or se mejoró rápidamente to be on the road to recovery estar* en vías de recuperación (before n) recovery room sala (f) de recuperación recovery time tiempo (m) de recuperaciónMore example sentences1.2 (of economy, industry) recuperación (f), reactivación (f), repunte (m); (in profits, prices) mejora (f), repunte (m)
More example sentences
- However, he is expected to make a full recovery and return to active duty very soon.
- This supplement boasts numerous benefits for health, recovery and muscle building.
- Keep in mind that rest, recovery, and proper nutrition between workouts are the keys to fitness and a great-looking body.
- People who fail to take up the offer will face firm action, which may include legal proceedings or recovery of the debt from their accounts or other income sources.
- The letter added that if the schedule was not adhered to in the future the debt would be passed to the legal department for recovery.
- The plaintiffs commenced an action in private law for recovery of the money due.
- 2 u (of stolen goods, missing documents) recuperación (f); (retrieval) rescate (m) the recovery of long-standing debts el cobro de deudas morosas to sue for recovery of costs entablar juicio por daños y perjuicios (before n) recovery service (BrE) [Auto] servicio (m) de grúa recovery vehicle grúa (f), remolcador (m), remolque (m) (AmS)More example sentences
More example sentences
- Fed-up bosses at a motor showroom came up trumps after offering a reward for the recovery of four stolen cars.
- The arrest resulted in the recovery of over 700 stolen items, and a man receiving a two-year prison sentence.
- Stopping treatment prevents further deterioration but rarely allows complete recovery of visual function.
- The operator advised our journalist that the recovery vehicle could take up to 75 minutes to reach her and she would receive a phone call 10 minutes before it was due to arrive.
- He also wants to establish a new vehicle recovery business on land at the back of the petrol station and put up a new security fence.
- A recovery vehicle drove the car back to Huddersfield and the couple are hoping to make a donation to the fire service as a way of thanks.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.