Translation of recovery in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -ries)
- 1 c and u 1.1 (return to health) recuperación (feminine), restablecimiento (masculine) [formal] she made a quick recovery se recuperó or se mejoró rápidamente to be on the road to recovery estar* en vías de recuperaciónExample sentences1.2 (of economy, industry) recuperación (feminine), reactivación (feminine), repunte (masculine); (in profits, prices) mejora (feminine), repunte (masculine)
- However, he is expected to make a full recovery and return to active duty very soon.
- This supplement boasts numerous benefits for health, recovery and muscle building.
- Keep in mind that rest, recovery, and proper nutrition between workouts are the keys to fitness and a great-looking body.
- People who fail to take up the offer will face firm action, which may include legal proceedings or recovery of the debt from their accounts or other income sources.
- The letter added that if the schedule was not adhered to in the future the debt would be passed to the legal department for recovery.
- The plaintiffs commenced an action in private law for recovery of the money due.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (of stolen goods, missing documents) recuperación (feminine); (retrieval) rescate (masculine) the recovery of long-standing debts el cobro de deudas morosas to sue for recovery of costs entablar juicio por daños y perjuicios (before noun/delante del nombre) recovery service (British English/inglés británico) [Cars/Automovilismo] servicio (masculine) de grúa recovery vehicle grúa (feminine), remolcador (masculine), remolque (masculine) (South America/América del Sur)Example sentences
- Fed-up bosses at a motor showroom came up trumps after offering a reward for the recovery of four stolen cars.
- The arrest resulted in the recovery of over 700 stolen items, and a man receiving a two-year prison sentence.
- Stopping treatment prevents further deterioration but rarely allows complete recovery of visual function.
- The operator advised our journalist that the recovery vehicle could take up to 75 minutes to reach her and she would receive a phone call 10 minutes before it was due to arrive.
- He also wants to establish a new vehicle recovery business on land at the back of the petrol station and put up a new security fence.
- A recovery vehicle drove the car back to Huddersfield and the couple are hoping to make a donation to the fire service as a way of thanks.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.