- 1.1 uncountable (leisure) what do you do for recreation?1.2 countable (pastime)¿qué haces en tu tiempo libre?forma (feminine) de esparcimientoExample sentences1.3 uncountable (in school, prison)
- The object of the day is to promote greater participation by women of all ages in lifelong sport, recreation and physical activity.
- Ambitious plans to transform a disused piece of land in York into a fully-equipped community sports and recreation facility have moved a step closer to reality.
- The purpose of sport was to provide fun activities during recreation time from which people could derive plenty of pleasure, fun and enjoyment.
nouncountable or uncountable
- (remaking, simulation)Example sentences
- Most recently these boots have been very grotty, having been present for the destruction and recreation of the living rooms and the continuing demolition of the garden.
- Shiva the destroyer is a necessary part of the trinity because, without destruction, there can be no recreation.
- The recreation of the Famine ship took place at Blennerville, near Tralee, Co Kerry, and was completed in 2002.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the