- 1 uncountable (leisure) what do you do for recreation?¿qué haces en tu tiempo libre?Example sentences
- The object of the day is to promote greater participation by women of all ages in lifelong sport, recreation and physical activity.
- Ambitious plans to transform a disused piece of land in York into a fully-equipped community sports and recreation facility have moved a step closer to reality.
- The purpose of sport was to provide fun activities during recreation time from which people could derive plenty of pleasure, fun and enjoyment.
- 2 countable (pastime)forma (feminine) de esparcimiento
- 3 uncountable (in school, prison)(British English)
nouncountable or uncountable
- (remaking, simulation)Example sentences
- Most recently these boots have been very grotty, having been present for the destruction and recreation of the living rooms and the continuing demolition of the garden.
- Shiva the destroyer is a necessary part of the trinity because, without destruction, there can be no recreation.
- The recreation of the Famine ship took place at Blennerville, near Tralee, Co Kerry, and was completed in 2002.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.