Translation of red in Spanish:
adjective redder, reddest
- 1 1.1(rose/dress)
colorado (esp (Southern Cone) )(flag/signal)her eyes/hands were red
rojotenía los ojos enrojecidos or rojos/las manos enrojecidas or rojasto go red in the face(with anger, heat) ponerse colorado or rojo(with embarrassment) sonrojarsethere'll be a few red faces
ponerse colorado or rojoa unos cuantos se les va a caer la cara de vergüenzaI went bright redme puse colorado or rojo como un tomatehe has red haires pelirrojothe (traffic) lights were redel semáforo estaba (en) rojoExample sentences
- Dark red blood spilled from her arm and gathered in a pool on the ground.
- The dark red blood forms a glaring contrast to the sickly green of the flesh.
- He opened his mouth slightly trying to say something, but he only coughed out more dark red blood.
- A red signal stops action, and green alerts the player that the coach needs his or her attention.
- But drivers also fail to stop at red signals because they have misread a signal, or chosen to disregard it.
- This system automatically stops the train if it passes through a red signal.
- These three grape varieties produce red wines which go lighter with age.
- As well as being the source of red Burgundy wines, it is also a backbone of Champagne blends.
- The principal grape used in the red wines of this region is Syrah.
- 1 uncountable (color)colorado (masculine) (esp (Southern Cone) )underline it in redsubráyelo con rojoto see redponerse hecho una furia or un basiliscothat sort of remark makes me see redese tipo de comentario me saca de quicio or de las casillasExample sentences
- In the image, however, the shortest wavelengths are represented as blue, while the longest are coloured in red.
- Presumably this is to encourage us to stop ignoring any bill not coloured in red.
- Come here at sunset, when the colours flame in red and orange, bold and beautiful.
- 2 countable alsoalso: Red[colloquial] [pejorative]rojo, (-ja) (masculine, feminine) [colloquial]reds under the bed¡que vienen los rojos or los comunistas!
- 4 countable or uncountable (wine)Example sentences
- Wine by the glass business is strong, too, he reports, and the bar offers eight white wines and seven reds.
- The minute the mercury soars, red wines, especially big reds, start to turn volatile and taste soupy and mawkish.
- All the great white wines are made from Chardonnay, all the great reds from Pinot Noir.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.