Translation of red-hot in Spanish:
adjective/adjetivo (predicative/predicativo red hot)
- 1 (glowing, very hot) al rojo vivoExample sentences
- Gloved workers, their eyes shaded, manhandle glowing, red-hot bars of old iron from a furnace into a rolling mill.
- They show animal claws scratching across concrete, red-hot rusty wires glowing orange in the dark, and bloodied knives arranged along the body at the sites of pain.
- Why is it possible for bare feet to touch red-hot coals without getting burned?
- 2 [colloquial/familiar] 2.1 (sensational) [story/pictures] de candente actualidad, al rojo vivo 2.2 (knowledgeable) (predicative/predicativo) to be red hot (
onsth) estar* muy impuesto or ser* un experto ( enalgo) 2.3 (excellent) brillanteExample sentences2.4 (enthusiastic) [Republican/supporter] fanático
- The red-hot jazz saxophonist Bhumibol and his beautiful Queen Sirikit, who celebrated their golden jubilee on May 5, 2000, continue to reign and enjoy the respect and devotion of the Thai people.
- We can make transport an interesting, attractive, galvanising, inspiring, or perhaps red-hot issue, but buses, trams and even Freudian trains are not and never will be sexy.
- There's nothing like gaining a reputation as a red-hot creative shop for turning up the pressure in a business where you're only as good as your last ad.
- Show-stopping Irish dance leads into passionate flamenco and red-hot salsa routines.
- A surge of passion could turn you into a red-hot lover but you must not allow it to make you foolishly impulsive.
- Questioned about the suggestion Day had lusted after her, MacGregor replied: ‘I can't put Robin in the category of red-hot lovers.’
- Back in 1971, the mercurial Alex Murphy pulled off a minor miracle when unfancied Leigh toppled red-hot favourites Leeds to win the Challenge Cup final at Wembley.
- The United States will be red-hot favourites to successfully defend their gold medal in Athens as they call on a who's who of the best in the game.
- Chester defeated the Giants three times out of four last season and start red-hot favourites to make it four out five.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Browse other language resources
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...