Translation of red-hot in Spanish:
adjective predicative red hot
- 1 (glowing, very hot)Example sentences
- Gloved workers, their eyes shaded, manhandle glowing, red-hot bars of old iron from a furnace into a rolling mill.
- They show animal claws scratching across concrete, red-hot rusty wires glowing orange in the dark, and bloodied knives arranged along the body at the sites of pain.
- Why is it possible for bare feet to touch red-hot coals without getting burned?
- 2 [colloquial] 2.1 (sensational)(story/pictures)
de candente actualidad
al rojo vivoExample sentences
Example sentences2.2 (knowledgeable) (predicative) to be red hot (
- The red-hot jazz saxophonist Bhumibol and his beautiful Queen Sirikit, who celebrated their golden jubilee on May 5, 2000, continue to reign and enjoy the respect and devotion of the Thai people.
- We can make transport an interesting, attractive, galvanising, inspiring, or perhaps red-hot issue, but buses, trams and even Freudian trains are not and never will be sexy.
- There's nothing like gaining a reputation as a red-hot creative shop for turning up the pressure in a business where you're only as good as your last ad.
- Back in 1971, the mercurial Alex Murphy pulled off a minor miracle when unfancied Leigh toppled red-hot favourites Leeds to win the Challenge Cup final at Wembley.
- The United States will be red-hot favourites to successfully defend their gold medal in Athens as they call on a who's who of the best in the game.
- Chester defeated the Giants three times out of four last season and start red-hot favourites to make it four out five.
onsomething)estar muy impuesto or ser un experto (2.3 (excellent) 2.4 (enthusiastic) enalgo)(Republican/supporter)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.