- 1 c and u 1.1 (in numbers, size, spending) reducción (feminine) 1.2 (in prices, charges) rebaja (feminine) a reduction of 5% una rebaja or un descuento del 5%More example sentences
More example sentences1.3 [Photography/Fotografía] copia (feminine) en tamaño reducido
- A reduction in size at that time may have allowed buntings to exploit that new food resource (grass seeds).
- If there's a sustained period of reduced car crime and a reduction in claims, I think we would expect to see some sort of reduction in your car insurance, or alternatively a slow-down in the rate of increase.
- A reduction in the dividend would save the company £150 million.
More example sentences1.4 [Medicine/Medicina] reducción (feminine)
- The Fed's five interest rate reductions this year have lowered the overnight bank lending rate to 4 percent.
- As we saw in the US earlier in the year, the immediate reaction of share prices to interest rate reductions tends to be positive.
- In any industry, oversupply leads to price reductions and pressure on profit margins.
More example sentences
- The painting itself did not subsequently spawn any of the painted repetitions and reductions that complicate the pedigree of Delaroche's later works.
- Two of the works that they acquired were bought as reductions of the previously mentioned Napoleon at Fontainebleau and Napoleon Crossing the Alps.
- Experimentation is necessary to determine the dilution required for a particular reduction.
- Subsequent plain films and computed tomography confirmed satisfactory reduction with no acetabular fracture.
- Reduction of acute nasal fractures in the primary care setting is confined largely to the closed reduction of mild unilateral fractures.
- Seven years prior to admission, he sustained a traumatic ankle fracture that required surgical reduction.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable 2.1 (simplification) reducción (feminine) 2.2 (to undesirable condition) reducción (feminine) reduction to the ranks degradación (feminine) 2.3 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] simplificación (feminine)More example sentences
More example sentences
- In particular Zhang sees the reduction of fractions to a common denominator as hard.
- I find this reduction of the subject to a victim sad.
- Along with its adoption has come a simplification and reduction of the concept into forms that are more readily measured and calculated.
- The reduction of reasoning to mechanical calculation that they identified is no clearer than in the inhuman logic of capitalist exchange.
- 3 uncountable/no numerable [Chemistry/Química] reducción (feminine)More example sentences
- Oxidation and reduction are two processes that are quite common in chemical reactions.
- The carboxyl group can also be converted into an alcohol by reduction of the carbonyl carbon.
- For example reduction of ethanol gives the alkene ethene.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a ración is a serving of food eaten in a bar or cafe, generally with a drink. Friends or relatives meet in a bar or cafe, order a number of raciones, and share them.