Translation of redundancy in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -cies)
- 1 1.1 u and c (superfluity) [formal] superfluidad (feminine) the apparent redundancy of this appendix la aparente superfluidad or inutilidad de este apéndiceExample sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable [Linguistics/Lingüística] redundancia (feminine) 1.3 uncountable/no numerable [Aerospace/Espacio] [Computing/Informática] redundancia (feminine)
- The helicopter systems and components have redundancy, the duplicated systems being installed on opposite sides of the fuselage.
- Without an understanding of where breakdowns and failures occur, redundancy is the insurance policy.
- This level of redundancy exists not only at the component level, but also at the distribution level.
- 2 u and c (British English/inglés británico) (loss of job) despido (masculine), cese (masculine) (before noun/delante del nombre) redundancy money o pay o payment indemnización (feminine) (por despido or cese), desahucio (masculine) (por despido or cese) (Chile)Example sentences
- The march was led by a contingent of Fiat car workers who are fighting redundancies.
- Mr Moss said voluntary redundancies were preferable over compulsory redundancies.
- However, bosses have told workers that they are not planning any compulsory redundancies.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.