Translation of redundancy in Spanish:
noun plural -cies
- 1 1.1 uncountable and countable (superfluity) [formal]the apparent redundancy of this appendixsuperfluidad (feminine)la aparente superfluidad or inutilidad de este apéndiceExample sentences1.2 uncountable (Linguistics) 1.3 uncountable (Aerospace, Computing)
- The helicopter systems and components have redundancy, the duplicated systems being installed on opposite sides of the fuselage.
- Without an understanding of where breakdowns and failures occur, redundancy is the insurance policy.
- This level of redundancy exists not only at the component level, but also at the distribution level.
- 2 uncountable and countable (British English) (loss of job) (before noun) redundancy money o pay o paymentExample sentences
- The march was led by a contingent of Fiat car workers who are fighting redundancies.
- Mr Moss said voluntary redundancies were preferable over compulsory redundancies.
- However, bosses have told workers that they are not planning any compulsory redundancies.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to