Translation of redundancy in Spanish:
noun plural redundancies
- 1 1.1 uncountable and countable (superfluity) [formal]superfluidad (feminine)the apparent redundancy of this appendixla aparente superfluidad or inutilidad de este apéndiceExample sentences1.2 uncountable (Linguistics) 1.3 uncountable (Aerospace, Computing)
- The helicopter systems and components have redundancy, the duplicated systems being installed on opposite sides of the fuselage.
- Without an understanding of where breakdowns and failures occur, redundancy is the insurance policy.
- This level of redundancy exists not only at the component level, but also at the distribution level.
- 2 uncountable and countable (British) (loss of job) (before noun) redundancy money or pay or paymentExample sentences
- The march was led by a contingent of Fiat car workers who are fighting redundancies.
- Mr Moss said voluntary redundancies were preferable over compulsory redundancies.
- However, bosses have told workers that they are not planning any compulsory redundancies.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.