Translation of reed in Spanish:
- 1 [Botany/Botánica] carrizo (masculine), junco (masculine) a broken reed [literary/literario] una persona poco de fiarExample sentences
- Aquatic plants come in many forms, from relatively simple multi-cellular algae to reeds and water lilies.
- Water lilies, reeds and sometimes, on hot days and nights, mists articulate the change between the heavily trafficked street and the park.
- Look again for flooded areas, especially where long grasses and reeds lie over the water's surface.
- 2 [Music/Música] 2.1 (in instrument) lengüeta (feminine) 2.2reed (instrument) instrumento (masculine) de lengüetaExample sentences
- She had just attached the reed to the mouth piece when she realized, ‘Oh my gosh!’
- Wind instruments are tuned by adjustment to the length of tubing, using the tuning-slide on a brass instrument, the staple of the reed on an oboe, or the movable top joint of a flute, etc.
- She hoped no one noticed her bright cheeks as she attached the reed to her mouth piece.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.