Translation of reed in Spanish:
- 1 [Botany/Botánica] carrizo (masculine), junco (masculine) a broken reed [literary/literario] una persona poco de fiarExample sentences
- Aquatic plants come in many forms, from relatively simple multi-cellular algae to reeds and water lilies.
- Water lilies, reeds and sometimes, on hot days and nights, mists articulate the change between the heavily trafficked street and the park.
- Look again for flooded areas, especially where long grasses and reeds lie over the water's surface.
- 2 [Music/Música] 2.1 (in instrument) lengüeta (feminine) 2.2reed (instrument) instrumento (masculine) de lengüetaExample sentences
- She had just attached the reed to the mouth piece when she realized, ‘Oh my gosh!’
- Wind instruments are tuned by adjustment to the length of tubing, using the tuning-slide on a brass instrument, the staple of the reed on an oboe, or the movable top joint of a flute, etc.
- She hoped no one noticed her bright cheeks as she attached the reed to her mouth piece.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The 'Audiencia Nacional' is the Spanish high court for crimes affecting the national interest, e.g. drug trafficking, large-scale fraud and certain crimes committed abroad.