Translation of reed in Spanish:
- 1 [Botany/Botánica] carrizo (masculine), junco (masculine) a broken reed [literary/literario] una persona poco de fiarExample sentences
- Aquatic plants come in many forms, from relatively simple multi-cellular algae to reeds and water lilies.
- Water lilies, reeds and sometimes, on hot days and nights, mists articulate the change between the heavily trafficked street and the park.
- Look again for flooded areas, especially where long grasses and reeds lie over the water's surface.
- 2 [Music/Música] 2.1 (in instrument) lengüeta (feminine) 2.2reed (instrument) instrumento (masculine) de lengüetaExample sentences
- She had just attached the reed to the mouth piece when she realized, ‘Oh my gosh!’
- Wind instruments are tuned by adjustment to the length of tubing, using the tuning-slide on a brass instrument, the staple of the reed on an oboe, or the movable top joint of a flute, etc.
- She hoped no one noticed her bright cheeks as she attached the reed to her mouth piece.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the