- 1 [Botany/Botánica] carrizo (masculine), junco (masculine) a broken reed [literary/literario] una persona poco de fiarMore example sentences
- Aquatic plants come in many forms, from relatively simple multi-cellular algae to reeds and water lilies.
- Water lilies, reeds and sometimes, on hot days and nights, mists articulate the change between the heavily trafficked street and the park.
- Look again for flooded areas, especially where long grasses and reeds lie over the water's surface.
- 2 [Music/Música] 2.1 (in instrument) lengüeta (feminine) 2.2reed (instrument) instrumento (masculine) de lengüetaMore example sentences
- She had just attached the reed to the mouth piece when she realized, ‘Oh my gosh!’
- Wind instruments are tuned by adjustment to the length of tubing, using the tuning-slide on a brass instrument, the staple of the reed on an oboe, or the movable top joint of a flute, etc.
- She hoped no one noticed her bright cheeks as she attached the reed to her mouth piece.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Cortes Generales is the Spanish Parliament, consisting of two houses, the lower house or Congreso de los Diputados and the upper house or Senado. It is a legislative body, approves state budgets, and exercises other powers relating to international treaties and agreements, the autonomous regions and appointments to posts in institutions such as the Tribunal Constitucional.