- 1 (Geography) a coral reefun arrecife de coralExample sentences
- Below are beautiful coral reefs, turtles, sharks and a clean ocean floor.
- To illustrate the point, Knowlton offers the example of coral reefs, which she describes as the most diverse ecosystems in the world.
- Mostly we dived shallow coral reefs in the order of 12m deep and less.
- 2 (Mining)Example sentences
- Apparently, three of the Struben brothers' workers were among those who struck gold in the main reef.
- The city's population grew during that decade from 70,000 to over 500,000, as fortunes were won and lost on the nearby gold reefs.
- The story of gold is told in a bus tour taking in the site where Harrison identified the gold reef in Langlaagte.
- (Nautical)banda (feminine) de rizoExample sentences
- We had to sail her with ‘two reefs in’, a reduced sail area for the rough conditions.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.