- 1 [Geography/Geografía] arrecife (masculine); (seen as hazard) escollo (masculine), arrecife (masculine) a coral reef un arrecife de coralMore example sentences
- Below are beautiful coral reefs, turtles, sharks and a clean ocean floor.
- To illustrate the point, Knowlton offers the example of coral reefs, which she describes as the most diverse ecosystems in the world.
- Mostly we dived shallow coral reefs in the order of 12m deep and less.
- 2 [Mining] veta (feminine)More example sentences
- Apparently, three of the Struben brothers' workers were among those who struck gold in the main reef.
- The city's population grew during that decade from 70,000 to over 500,000, as fortunes were won and lost on the nearby gold reefs.
- The story of gold is told in a bus tour taking in the site where Harrison identified the gold reef in Langlaagte.